Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2020-07-24, 02:53)Mr. V Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey 

I am having some issue with the next aired being updated. I am trying to replicate the behavour of tv show next aired addon, so when navigating to tv shows it triggeres an update of the next aired status.

My code in startup.xml;
Code:
<onunload condition="System.HasAddon(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper)">Skin.SetBool(TMDbHelper.Service)</onunload>

The label;
Code:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Next_Aired)]

I can see in the settings there is an option for 'Days to cache details' and assume this is why the info labels are not updating.

Any suggestions on how this could be coded?

Currently this is what i see for a show on air
The skin shows 7x7 08/07/2020. The latest episode is 7x9 on 22/07/2019 so it is behind.
watch gallery

You're correct - it uses the long cache for details (which the 14 day cache expiry obviously causes issues for currently airing tvshows that will air more frequently than that!). I'm not sure why I've never noticed this problem or why I never thought about it before -- I guess I must only look at that info when I'm seeing when a tvshow will return for a new season, not whilst it is currently airing.

Can you test with latest version? The service monitor should now update next aired dates using a 24hr cache

NOTE: Only service monitor will use the up-to-date details (i.e. only the window props). The actual ListItem infolabel data will still use the longer cached details for performance reasons.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by jurialmunkey - 2020-07-25, 06:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2