Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2020-09-09, 16:32)kingkearney Wrote: I like what your doing with this addon and works great with composite, I now have a decent setup for Plex back end and Kodi front end.

Library Integration: Auto-update library from Trakt list(s)....... Is there a reason why you never included Trakt Watchlist?

I noticed that which ever Trakt list you sync with the addon to the Kodi library it makes a matching playlist. I don't use playlists, im a heavy user of tags along with filters from the video nodes addon.

What's the chances of you adding an option to tag movies/TV Shows with the name of the Trakt list it is synced from?

I don't use watchlist for library sync because items disappear from the watchlist after watching, so it never really reflects what's in the library.

On principle I never delete anything because that could be dangerous and it's also possible to have watched something *before* the sync happens so the item never gets added.

I prefer syncing from normal lists because as long as you don't manually remove items from it, you always have a record of what's been added. Happy to add features though as long as they're justified with logical reasons.

Re tags - the problem is that the script skips adding items already added to the library so that we don't get duplicates and we don't waste time re-adding things that are already there. So anything already in your library wouldn't get tagged (or if you've got two overlapping lists), hence why I generate the playlist.

I'd actually prefer to use tags since it's easier to base a playlist off tags anyway, but it's pretty pointless if we're only going to have new items tagged.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by jurialmunkey - 2020-09-10, 02:23
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2