Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2020-10-17, 10:27)jurialmunkey Wrote: Upcoming v4.0.0 - Code Refactor
@bsoriano @nessus @mikeSiLVO @drinfernoo @shedrock @Mr. V @pkscout (and any other skinners that use TMDbHelper)

Sometime in the next week I'm planning to merge v4 of TMDbHelper into master. This version involves a significant code rewrite, so I thought I'd give everyone a heads up and chance to test in case I've missed a feature that you use in your skins. I'm planning for as much backwards compatibility as possible, but it's also completely likely that I've missed including some important feature that I don't use personally. Please let me know either here or on github if there are any issues / missing features etc.

Refactor is available from the "refactor" branch on github: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...e/refactor
There's also a matrix branch which I haven't personally tested but hopefully should work as I've been careful to keep code Python 2/3 compatible.

After installing, please make sure to restart Kodi so that the service monitor starts up correctly.

Highlights of v4
  • Significantly improved caching and performance (first run might take a moment since a lot of things will need to be re-synced/cached but after that I've been finding the performance much improved).
  • Ability to select and refresh artwork via context menu ("Manage artwork")
  • Ability to access all the lists previously found in the "detailed item" via context menu ("Browse Lists")
  • Much improved Trakt management functions and watched details syncing ("Trakt options")
  • Sort a variety of Trakt lists via context menu (Collection, Watchlist, User Lists). ("Browse sorted list")
  • Simplified settings
  • Player improvements

Known Issues
Currently there's an issue where I'm not getting trailers. Will be fixed soon. Also, some of the image lists (posters / fanart) are missing labels and need proper actions assigned to view slideshow/image.
@jurialmunkey , thanks! I will start testing today and let you know if I find any issues.

Regards,

Bart

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by bsoriano - 2020-10-17, 22:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2