Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2020-10-20, 23:13)jurialmunkey Wrote: Usually debug log isn't that helpful for hangs/crashes but this part is a bit weird:
Code:
Infobool '!string.isempty(listitem.property(tmdbhelper.context.artwork))' still used by 3 instances

That's the condition for the context menu. Probably is nothing but can you try disabling the context menu in the addon.xml, restart Kodi and see if that helps?
Just delete out this part:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...ml#L17-L40

If that's not the culprit, I'd be interested to know if it's the service monitor which can be completely disabled by taking this line out of addon.xml and restarting Kodi
Code:
<extension point="xbmc.service" library="service.py" />

If we can narrow down what part is causing the hang that will help a lot.
It's definitely the service. If I remark that out from addon.xml then Kodi quits fine (even with the context menu enabled, so that isn't it).  I added a bunch of check point logging just to see what was happening, and it seems like something is restarting the script (or the service I can't tell what) after it stops.  Here's a logfile with a single check point log line that says "the poller has stopped." I think that's an indicator that the service has shutdown (I added that log line as the last line of the run() function of the ServiceMonitor class). But you can see right after that that there are more references to the addon in the log, a few that say it's waiting on a thread, and then one saying the script didn't stop after five seconds.

https://paste.kodi.tv/azusaloqik.kodi

And just to confirm, I'm running version 4.0.8, which looks like the version that's listed in the addon.xml in the refactor-matrix branch. I'd hate to be doing all this just to find out I'm on the wrong version.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by pkscout - 2020-10-21, 01:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2