Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2020-10-29, 00:55)Mahava Wrote:
(2020-10-28, 07:19)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-10-28, 00:42)Mahava Wrote: I would have been happy to test the 4.** version that was pushed if I could find the "add to kodi library button".
version 4.0.18 manual install from repo: 'add to kodi library' NOT seen on right-click context menu.  No way for me to test airdate if I can't add something to the library.

..reverting to the newest old version I have archived, 3.3.*

Add to library context option was added in v4.0.20
Always install from github master branch to get the very most recent version, as the repo version often lags behind. Current version on github is 4.0.21
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...edb.helper
Yep, got it.   There is indeed a context menu one-click "Add to Library" button in version 4.0.21 which I used to add the show "Foundation" to the library scraping with TVMaze.   This show has one episode at that website and is due to air at the beginning of 2021.  I switched on "hide unaired episodes" in TMDB Helper yet "Foundation" has appeared in my library Titles view with the one episode that hasn't aired yet.  I expected it to remain hidden in Titles view until closer to its air date, while showing in video sources view.

Can you change that?  Is there a good reason to have shows appear in the library Titles view well ahead of their airdates?  Isn't that the purpose of the "hide unaired episodes" switch so you can have it either way you choose?   I prefer if the show not appear at all in the Titles view if it's premiere is well into the future and of course it makes perfect sense for it to be in the video sources files.

Did you have "hide unaired" enabled when you added the show? Can't change what's in your library after you've added it.

Kodi manages the library, not TMDbHelper. The library simply represents physical files you have on disk. All TMDbHelper does is create a strm file on disk which is basically just a shortcut to TMDbHelper's player function. Then when you scan your library, Kodi treats the strm shortcut as if it was a normal video file. The only difference is that when you try to play that item in the library, Kodi calls the shortcut which opens TMDbHelper instead of a video directly.

All the "hide unaired" setting does is stop TMDbHelper from creating a strm file for an episode that hasn't aired yet. It doesn't toggle whats already in the library.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by jurialmunkey - 2020-10-29, 16:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2