Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2020-10-28, 19:32)inihendrix Wrote: In your global search on AZ2, the TMDBH People section auto prompts me with a context menu (Cast In Movies, Cast In Shows, Crew etc.) however when I select an option nothing happens.

Ah yep, I think I know what the issue is. I'll see if I can get a fix working.

(2020-10-28, 19:32)inihendrix Wrote: ALSO, the search results don't come back paged, so it takes a significantly longer time to load results. Is there a way to page the search results into 10, 15, or 20? Maybe an xml edit I can do?

TMDBHelper results are paginated for me. It's not actually possible to even disable pagination because the TMDb API forces it to be 20 items. Are you sure you aren't talking about other plugins or the Kodi library?

Also, applying a skin side item limit doesn't make a difference in terms of the time it takes to load a list. Either way Kodi loads the full list and the limiting is applied after (e.g. if you use a plugin that returns 100 results but set limit to 20, the plugin will still load all 100 items but the container will only display 20). The only thing the limit does is reduce memory/cpu usage because obviously having 100 items available on-screen uses more memory than 20 - but that will just improve framerate, it won't improve how fast the list loads. Only way to do that is to change the particular plugin's code to only retrieve X items (which for TMDbHelper as I said is forced to be 20).
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by jurialmunkey - 2020-10-29, 16:52
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2