Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2021-04-27, 02:55)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2021-04-25, 13:47)Seven_PRX Wrote: Hi,

Nice add-on! I specifically want to use it to sync Trakt TV Series lists from Trakt > Kodi. I have this setup now using TMDB Helper, and I get the episodes in my Kodi library.
I am missing 2 options I would really love to have:

1) Auto-update Library at Startup (in TMDB Helper) (maybe with the option to start it X minutes after startup)
2) Auto-update Library every X hours. (in TMDB Helper)

Right now I can specify a time when it should auto-update, but I would really love the 2 options I mention above.
I checked all the settings in the app, but can't find what I am looking for.

Are the options I am looking for available somewhere I didn't see - or, if not, can I put in a feature request for it?

Cheers,

=7
It already auto updates 15 minutes after startup if you missed the last update time due to kodi being closed.

There's no point updating tv shows more frequently than every 24 hours because the unaired filter is done on the basis of date not time (eg if show airs today but later in the afternoon then it will still be added).

It is done this way to avoid putting excessive strain on services providing data for free.

Hi, thank you for the explanation. I noticed it does run X minutes after startup - I thought it didn't because I didn't see a separate option for it.

I have one more thing that might be solvable somehow:

Right now when a new series airs, tmdbhelper adds it to my library. But, for the first ~12 hrs orso there usually is no artwork for the episode yet.
So it displays a default Kodi picture. If later there is artwork, this doesn't get updated in the library.

So I'm wondering:

a) Is it possible to add a delay before adding something to the library? A custom amount of hours would be perfect, but if Days only work, make an option of 24h
to wait before adding an episode (I have seen this last option in other add-ons).

b) or, is it possible to have the library update the artwork automatically later, when it is available?

Thanks and thank you for your great add-on!

=7

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by Seven_PRX - 2021-05-02, 17:47
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2