Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2019-11-26, 11:16)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-11-26, 04:52)nessus Wrote: @jurialmunkey 
Thanks... will check it out. I am in middle of something else atm from which comes my next question.

The plugin:// path for movies from a writer it's not working if there is more than one writer or am i missing something ?

This is the code that i use...
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=crew_in_movies&type=person&filter_key=job&filter_value=Writer&query=$INFO[ListItem.Writer]

Sorry if this is already mentioned because i didn't had the time to read the whole thread.

Cheers
Nessus

The latest github update should fix this issue. If a query has multiple items separated by "/" the plugin will now split them and use the first one.

For more complex calls there is also the ?info=discover method:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...r#discover

For instance, discover can allow you to get a list of any movie that has ANY of the current movie's writers as a crew member (i.e. not just one of the writers) -
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=discover&type=movie&with_crew=$INFO[ListItem.Writer]&with_separator=OR

With discover you can also stack multiple with_* params. For instance, if you want to find movies that share at least one genre and one writer you can do:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=discover&type=movie&with_crew=$INFO[ListItem.Writer]&with_genres=$INFO[ListItem.Genre]&with_separator=OR&exclude_key=title&exclude_value=$INFO[ListItem.Title]
^ The exclude params will ensure that the current movie is not included in the list.

Apologies for resurrecting an old topic but I'm coming up against the same issue described here but the proposed solution has a problem and I've been unable to find a solution.

The core problem:  Some movies have more than one director and/or writer and I'm looking to show a list of all movies by any of the directors (or writers) from a movie.

This code seems to do the job fine when there is only one director, or writer.  However this same code produces no results when there is more than one.   
xml:
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=crew_in_movies&type=person&filter_key=job&filter_value=Director&query=$INFO[Listitem.Director]&exclude_value=$INFO[ListItem.Title]&nextpage=false"

I found this post and though I had the answer with Discover and tried the code from above.
XML:

plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=discover&type=movie&with_crew=$INFO[ListItem.Director]&with_separator=OR&exclude_key=title&exclude_value=$INFO[ListItem.Title]&nextpage=false"

At first this appeared to be working till I came across some data I knew was wrong.   While I was attempting this in my own skin I thought maybe the original poster realized the problem and fixed it so I loaded their skin to see.  Unfortunately their results were the same as mine, incorrect.

The only movies Bradley Cooper directed were A Star is Born and Maestro.  He is in the crew list for these other movies because he was a producer on them, not a director.  It was actually pointed out in the text that this is the expected result of that query.     

So my question is:
How can I get a list of any movie that has ANY of the current movie's writers as a crew member with the job of writer?  Same for director.
I tried applying a filter with a key of job and value of writer but that didn't work.

I am using version="4.3.24" of the plugin

Thank you

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by pfp-az - 2021-07-10, 03:03
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2