Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2022-01-09, 10:00)leschranz Wrote:
(2021-12-30, 10:24)beatmasterrs Wrote: @jurialmunkey Could you please check if Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Set.NumItems) returns the correct values? For me, the value is always one number below the real value. E.g. "Hangover" set shows only 2 items instead of 3, "Jurassic Park" set shows 5 instead of 6. Thank you Smile

Hi @jurialmunkey,

I have a follow up question to this issue. After installing the update & clearing the cache I checked for the correct total amount of movies in a set and while doing so i still noticed some sets were not showing any additional information. Turned out those sets are the ones where I manually edited the title so that it differs from the one at TMDB. It seems you are using the set's title from Kodi's database to search at the TMDB and grab the information. Is that intended behaviour (perhaps even the only possible way) or could the "tmdbSet" value be used instead?

Obviously the easiest solution would be for me to change the title back to the TMDB one but unfortunately it also seems that sometimes the wrong set is identified, one example are the Pink Panther movies where two different sets exist (Original and Steve Martin). In my case it tells me I have 2 out of 9 movies in my library for "The Pink Panther (Steve Martin) Collection" but that's incorrect, 9 would be the correct total for "The Pink Panther (Original) Collection".

In the end those are just minor issues but I would still appreciate it if you could have a look. Thanks!

Yeah it uses the set name to query on TMDb and try to find a match, so if a different set shows up in the search results from TMDb first then that gets used.

Using the tmdb id for the collection would be the best method but as far as I'm aware the kodi scrapers don't add this data.

I'm assuming your tmdbset unique id field is being added either manually or via some media manager (eg tmm) because I don't appear to have it using universal media scraper. Is that correct? Or is there some scraper setting I'm missing?

Main reason I ask is because there's no point querying manually set fields if they aren't standardised names otherwise it's no benefit to others - but if it's a standard field set by a scraper or tmm then it could be worthwhile to query.

Im hoping it is a standardised field because using the id is the simplest and fastest method to confirm the correct set, whereas other possible methods are going to be less effecient. Either way let me know and I'll look at trying to get better lookup query results for sets.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by jurialmunkey - 2022-01-10, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2