Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2022-04-22, 02:50)dahjw Wrote:
(2022-04-22, 02:04)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-04-22, 00:22)dahjw Wrote: I've been having this problem for a while too. I'm currently using the latest v4.7.11 and the issue still continues to happen. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, different skins, re-authorising trakt and a complete fresh install of kodi.
The cache for the sync data it uses has a 1 day expirary (OR if you watch something it refreshes sooner).

Are you sure it isn't a sorting issue? If your sort method for next episode is set to recently watched then a new season of a show you haven't watched in a while is going to appear further down the list.

TMDBHelper Settings > Widgets > Next Episodes sort method (change to airdate).

The sort method is set to airdate. The next episode of a show won't show at all in the widget unless I mark something that's already on the widget as watched on trakt, then I have to refresh the skin for new episodes to appear.

For example, I watched the 1st season of Russian dolls on Netflix when it came out and forgot to mark it as watched on trakt. Yesterday when season 2 was released I marked it as watched on trakt, season 2 ep1 would not show on the widget until I had marked something else that was on the widget as watched.

New episodes have never automatically appeared unless something gets marked as watched.

Interesting. Are you saying it only happens on the actual airdate? Or does the show still not display even several days after it airs?

The reason I ask is that for example "Taskmaster" aired earlier today but is not currently showing in my Next Episodes list because Trakt hasn't included the episode in its aired data. So when I sync with Trakt it is still reporting that there are only 103 aired episodes rather than 104.

TMDbHelper has to assume that the data Trakt reports in the sync is correct. Since Trakt says I've watched all those 103 aired episodes and it hasn't included the 104th episode in the data yet then there's nothing TMDbHelper can do other than assume that there isn't a new episode yet.

However, it shouldn't take more than 24 hours for the data to show up - but if it's taking longer than that, then that sounds like an issue. The reason marking something as watched will update it faster is because that forces the Trakt server to update your sync data earlier.

EDIT: FYI - Cached entries on Trakt server side delay aired_episodes count being updated in sync: https://github.com/trakt/api-help/issues/66
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by jurialmunkey - 2022-04-22, 04:13
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2