Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2022-06-03, 18:00)Obsidian1 Wrote: I'm really not sure what I'm trying to do either Blush 

Here's the scenario: I'm using the Arctic Zephyr Reloaded (AZR) skin on a Kodi 19.4 build.  I’m using AZR’s Modern Multi-Widgets Netflix home menu style. When I add a AZR widget and choose the action to be “TheMovieDb Helper – Upcoming”, for example, the widget displays the Upcoming movie content. Then, when I focus on an upcoming movie image, the background displays alternating art about that movie.  If I keep the image focused, then the movie’s trailer will play assuming play trailers is active.  It’s brilliant!

The quest: to duplicate the behavior described above for my own personal video library. And, possibly my VOD content.  Sadly, I’ve not been able to accomplish this task.  The closest I’ve come to replicating tmdbhr’s behavior, is to create a video playlist from my local library.  When I focus on a playlist movie image, inside the AZR widget, I do not get alternating background art.  But, if I keep the movie image focused, then the movie’s trailer will play. This is why I though being able to display my local library inside tmdbh might solve this issue.  If I’m going about this all wrong, or if there’s a better way to implement what I’m trying to do, then please let me know! Thank you!
Ah you're looking for extrafanart support!

In Matrix that is handled by your library scraper for library items. it used to just be a physical folder of images on disk inside the movie/show folder but now in Matrix scrapers add the URLs directly to the library database so the art is only downloaded and cached as needed.

I don't think all scrapers support extrafanart but definitely a few do and that's what you'd be looking for in terms of settings.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by jurialmunkey - 2022-06-04, 09:21
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2