Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2022-08-09, 13:28)QuizKid Wrote: Ah @jurialmunkey - got it working. It was because I hadn't set a limit in the path. Adding &limit=50 to my path did the trick. It must be to do with the order that tmdb or the helper use to list the movies, as for whatever reason, some of the newer ones for most actors must have been outside of the default/fallback limit.

Ah yeah that'd be it - default limit is 20.

The default sort order from the api is a bit weird. From what I was reading it is just whatever comes from the database first - so normally is in ID creation order, which isn't a great default sort method.

If you have cacheonly=true then there's no harm setting the limit high (e.g. 1000). The only purpose of the limit is to reduce the number of details requests made but cacheonly skips that anyway (it only uses details already cached to disk). The actual list itself is retrieved in full and is only limited after being retrieved. so there shouldn't be much difference between a list of 20 and a list of 200 movies when cacheonly is enabled.

The base list has metadata for release date, ratings, votes, and genres so sorting by year will work properly even when cacheonly is on.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by jurialmunkey - 2022-08-09, 15:07
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2