Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2023-06-23, 17:11)ksc1 Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey
I got here from some advice of @Hitcher.
Quote:You're probably better of using an addon to do this like plugin.video.themoviedb.helper.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3154503,  on this link i expose what i do for have some custom videodialoginfo window. Is This way is correct?, i ask for better understanding of how kodi work. And if i use ur addon i can do exactly the same?. Thanks

If you're looking for something to manage multiple videoinfo dialogs and have a history to backtrack then TMDbHelper can do that quite simply

See here for setup:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...ended-Info

The custom window acts as a background with a container where TMDbHelper will load the next item. When you click an item using the add_path= command, TMDbHelper closes the current info dialog; opens the custom window; adds the path to the background container; and then presses Action(Info) to open the new item.

Each item you open is added to the history. When you press back to close the info dialog, the window manager will step back one in the history and open the previous path using the same method. You can keep backtracking until you reach the end of the history or double press back, at which point it simply closes the custom window and the script ends.

The wiki mentions that the add_path= action is only for TMDbHelper items and the add_query= path can be used for library items to look them up online. However, you can leverage the add_path= command to open the local item. All you need to do is pass it an xsp path that will return a single item like you were doing in the previous thread.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by jurialmunkey - 2023-06-24, 03:45
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2