Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2023-07-09, 11:44)Hitcher Wrote: Simply because this is a totally separate window that replicates the 'TV Show Next Aired' addon and isn't accessed via themoviedb.helper.
So the themoviedb.helper Next Aired Library layout will still stack episodes if the user enables it.

I'm not worried about a skin changing the behaviour, I just don't understand the broader justification for overriding the user's preference.

Why wouldn't you want to allow the user the choice? Does stacking break something in the skin? What problem does overriding user choice solve here?

I'm asking because I want to better understand the problem. There might be a better solution than a setting override.

(2023-07-09, 11:44)Hitcher Wrote: Weirdly it's now working this morning so there must be some delay when changing regional settings.

Calendar results are cached for 6 hours, so it won't change until next refresh.

(2023-07-09, 11:44)Hitcher Wrote: That has no effect because it's not using themoviedb.helper Next Aired Library views.

Shouldn't matter. The setting is always applied if enabled. Doesn't matter where a plugin is called, if the plugin:// path is the same then it executes the same code.

Note that it won't update immediately due to cached results. I added a fix for next release to refresh the cache if the setting changes.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by jurialmunkey - 2023-07-10, 11:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2