Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
@manfeed - Thanks! Glad you're enjoying the Wiki addon. I'm honestly surprised no-one had made one before -- it gets a lot of usage in my house.

re: tmdb_type

All the type param does is add some English keywords to the search to help get more specific results.

It adds to the search:
tv = "television series"
movie = "film"
person = "born"

These keywords helps narrow search results because the English Wiki style guide specifies that articles start:
for a person: "{personname} (Born {birthdate}) is a ..."
for a tvshow: "{showname} is a {country} {genre} television series ..."
for a film: "{filmname} is a {year} {genre} film ..."

Obviously this won't work for other languages though, so you need to remove that param for anything other than English.

You can get a broader scope by using a skin $VAR to add your own keywords to search based on type; or can just leave it off entirely - but sometimes more generic tiles (e.g. "Alien" or "Blade") will be buried further down.

I eventually plan to use the type to do more advanced filtering (e.g. regex matches etc.) but currently it's just adds the keywords, so there's no real difference between using it or adding your own keywords in the skin.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by jurialmunkey - 2023-09-05, 03:42
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2