Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2023-10-29, 09:56)mikeSiLVO Wrote: I have been messing about with TMDbH on the home window and it looks like that my multiple ReloadSkin calls caused an issue in Omega that probably does not exist. When using widgets provided by other scripts that are not TMDbH related it appeared that the TMDbHelper.MonitorContainer list was empty and I have been using that to fill in the tmdb_id= ListItem.UniqueID(tmdb) for lookups so I thought a workaround for my missing info would help me call the script correctly.

If the skin reloads, Kodi will clear the containers. Since TMDbH will only update the container when it detects the item changed, if you're still on the same item after a reload that would explain it being empty -- moving off the list and back to it should retrigger it (unless something else has gone wrong - which should be indicated in the log).

Also you can use fallbacks via variable here if its empty. The recommendations script accepts all the standard lookup params as other lists that are based on an item:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...parameters

Best is TMDb ID as it doesn't need to do any lookup. Second best is IMDb ID as it will still ensure a perfect match for movies but will need to do a lookup. Then you can fallback to using query+year for movies and query+episode_year for tvshows (episode_year=$INFO[ListItem.Year] is needed for tvshows as each season will have a different year). This is the same order that the service monitor uses to do its own lookup.

Just use a variable to fallback to using a query if the IDs are empty.

(2023-10-29, 09:56)mikeSiLVO Wrote: EDIT: I feel like I have to mention how flawless the window history is. I am consistently amazed how well that works, no matter how far down the rabbit hole I go Big Grin

Haha thanks Big Grin

That's good to hear because I can't tell you how much of an effing pain it was to think through all the permutations of test scenarios when coding it!
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by jurialmunkey - 2023-10-30, 07:23
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2