Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2023-11-02, 18:00)mikeSiLVO Wrote: I was wondering if it is possible to use TMDbH as a replacement for how I am currently using Embuary Helper? Was hoping to be able to either exclude_key/exclude_value or filter_key/filter_value so it only displays items currently in the library but I am not sure how to achieve that. Also curious to know if that is doable OOTB without having to change any settings in the plugin, for example, does one have to enable the "Get additional details from local Kodi DB" setting?

Thanks Smile

It can be done but is dependent on the user having enabled that setting. Ive been hesitant to allow skins to override that setting forcibly as it can cause problems/slow-downs for users with very large libraries.

You could use a variable though to check if the user has that setting enabled and only apply the filter if they do e.g.
Code:
<value condition="Addon.SettingBool(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper,local_db)">

In terms of filtering by DBID it's as simple as adding:
Code:
&amp;exclude_key=dbid&amp;exclude_value=is_empty

e.g. for Recommendations dialog, say you want Recommended movies but only ones in the library:
Code:
5000|info=recommendations&amp;exclude_key=dbid&amp;exclude_value=is_empty|true|info

Also note that excluding simply removes items from the page which don't match so you will end up with fewer items (e.g. page of 20 but only 4 in library then list will only have 4 recommendations).

To help with that, you might want to extend the page length param to retrieve more pages (more pages = slower so that's the obvious downside).
e.g. to get 40 recs instead of normal 20 bump length to 2
Code:
5000|info=recommendations&amp;length=2&amp;exclude_key=dbid&amp;exclude_value=is_empty|true|info

Side note: You might also be interested in the filter dir functionality in SkinVariables which allows you to apply the same type of filtering to other plugins and library paths:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/script.s...irectories
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by jurialmunkey - 2023-11-03, 05:27
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2