Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2023-11-03, 07:55)mikeSiLVO Wrote: I probably have a decently large library but I also run Kodi on what most would consider a top of the line PC. Likely not the worst case scenario for this particular functionality, however, I have not noticed any issues at all Tongue

Yeah I'm in the same boat. Have a library of a bit under 500 movies and a couple of thousand tvshow episodes without any issues at all -- but I'm on an 11th gen nuc with an SSD for my system drive, so not exactly a low-powered use case!

I'm mostly basing it on reports from people on Android with massive massive libraries (many thousands of movies and tvshows)

(2023-11-03, 07:55)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Does that setting being enabled also place the items with those in the library before those that are not?

Depends on the list. For Recommendations/Similar and a Person's Credits, yes. For the others, no/

(2023-11-03, 07:55)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
xml:
<visible>!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.DBID)</visible>
to show an icon that it is in the library in the recommendations window. Does that visible only work when that setting is enabled?

Yep, DBID only retrieved if retrieving Kodi DB details. Finding the DBID is the main performance cost and only reason that its optional. Once we have DBID, it's trivial to get additional metadata from library.

Finding DBID is expensive because it involves filtering the library to try to find the item best matching available metadata (e.g. the title year etc.) -- it's like looking for a book in a library by walking the shelves searching for the title versus if you already know the dewey number and can go to the exact location.

(2023-11-03, 07:55)mikeSiLVO Wrote: I wanted to use the add_path method since it opened info for the item directly. I originally thought it was just the videodb:// path cause that is what I saw in a test label so I used INFO[Container(xxx).FolderPath]$INFO[Container(xxx).ListItem.DBID] to replicate that but messing about with it further I realized that add_path=$INFO[ListItem.FolderPath], when the content is provided by TMDbH, is its own unique plugin path. I did see the other option using add_query= but that often brought up a select dialog to fine tune and since the item is in my library I figured it should already know what movie it was.

You *can* use a videodb:// path with add_path= but you need to use some clever filtering so that you end up with a list that has a single item. Using FolderPath won't work well (I wish it did).

If you've got the TMDb ID already for the item, then you can reconstruct the TMDbH path. The path used is just:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=details&tmdb_type={tmdb_type}&tmdb_id={tmdb_id}

Although this will obvious be an online item, not your local one.

I did do something similar in AH2 where I had a "local" only mode using add_path; and then an "online" mode using recs dialog. You can see how I did the filtering for add_path to use local items here:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...ml#L93-L95

Also note that you can't mix this method with recommendations dialog. It's fine to use both of approaches in a skin, you just can't have both active at the same time because the two window managers will conflict.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by jurialmunkey - 2023-11-03, 11:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2