Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2024-01-18, 16:44)ashlar Wrote: I am using Aeon Nox SiLVO skin with Omega nightly 20240116 under Windows 10.

When starting a movie I often receive an error message that then goes away and the log shows this:

2024-01-18 15:24:02.518 T:11776    info <general>: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
ConnectionError:  HTTPSConnectionPool(host='webservice.fanart.tv', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /v3/movies/65?api_key=fcca59bee130b70db37ee43e63f8d6c1 (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate has expired (_ssl.c:1136)')))
Suppressing retries for 30 seconds

There's not much I can do about an SSL certificate expiry. SSL certificates are managed by Kodi and the certificate issuer. If the website's SSL certificate has expired or Kodi can't authenticate it with the certificate authority or the certificate has expired in Kodi's cache then Kodi will refuse the connection as a safety precaution.

If a connection is refused, TMDbHelper suppresses making further requests to that API for a short period to avoid continually trying to re-request data from a server which isn't responding for whatever reason.

You can read more about how Kodi manages SSL here:
https://kodi.wiki/view/SSL_certificates
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by jurialmunkey - 2024-01-19, 07:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2