Crash after library scan
Problem also mentioned on Reddit and TVDB forum.

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php...ee672b8b0c

https://www.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/c...etvdb_api/
(2019-08-02, 17:04)DarrenHill Wrote: Unfortunately I can't look at the log until I get home, as work blocks pastebin.

No worries, weather here is good enough to spend some time outside Wink
Thanks anyway for your support!
Ok found a workaround for me (it crashed because lib update on startup was enabled).

You can disable it in guisettings.xml
<setting id="videolibrary.updateonstartup" default="true">false</setting>
<setting id="musiclibrary.updateonstartup" default="true">false</setting>

Now it's at least starting up...
Thanks for sharing that. It's probably a safer route than removing the scraper totally via the folder move.

Only the first one should actually be needed (thetvdb isn't used for music), but disabling both won't hurt.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
temporarily if you start kodi 
stop any library updates 
use set content to change scraper in tvshows to the moviedb it still works though isn't as good 

and you can choose not to redo the DB will stop the crashing until it's fixed at least
(2019-08-02, 17:04)DarrenHill Wrote: The scraper folder move has been reported to work by at least one user (on Windows) so it could be.

Unfortunately I can't look at the log until I get home, as work blocks pastebin.

This brute force method (delete the addon) works in Android too!
(2019-08-02, 18:17)curioct Wrote: temporarily if you start kodi 
stop any library updates 
use set content to change scraper in tvshows to the moviedb it still works though isn't as good 

and you can choose not to redo the DB will stop the crashing until it's fixed at least
When Kodi starts and begins scraping, how do you get it to stop before it crashes?
Code:
Hello,
As you know, we switched over to the new site on Monday morning, and took both API versions live at different times.
Unfortunately we’ve had reports of from some of our valued API partners running into major issues with the API. While we were getting close to fixing all critical issues related to the website and data, negatively affecting our API users is not acceptable. As a result, we’ve rolled back both the site and the API. We’ll be putting together a revised rollout plan early next week to come up with a solution that will be more suitable for everyone involved.
Thank you for your patience the past few days. We’ll make sure we keep you updated as we move forward.
Scott Zsori
TheTVDB
https://www.facebook.com/TheTVDB/posts/1...0403636041
(2019-08-02, 17:04)DarrenHill Wrote: The scraper folder move has been reported to work by at least one user (on Windows) so it could be.

Unfortunately I can't look at the log until I get home, as work blocks pastebin.

I removed the folder on my Shield and now I am not crashing when a TV scan kicks in.
(2019-08-03, 03:39)dmaker Wrote: I removed the folder on my Shield and now I am not crashing when a TV scan kicks in.
Read here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=345935
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yea removing TVDB worked for me. Thanks guys was worried this was a more serious issue.
(2019-08-02, 23:17)JonSc Wrote:
stop any library updates 

When Kodi starts and begins scraping, how do you get it to stop before it crashes? 

Browse into your [Kodi profile]\Database folder and move the most recently modified MyVideosXXX.db file somewhere else. When you next launch Kodi your videos folders will not have a content type or scraper associated with them so Kodi won't scan for videos even if configured to do so on startup. Then you can disable video scraping on startup, close Kodi, and move the MyVideosXXX.db file back.
Kodi crashed on my desktop (both Windows 10 and Manjaro linux) during scan. In order to avoid crash I unplugged wifi dongle.
(2019-08-02, 18:17)curioct Wrote:  <snip>
Go to your library source 

then the three lines at the top left (some times the left arrow if its a device with a remote) then at the bottom of this list is the library updates / scans just hit stop 

obviously you either have to be pretty quick or sometimes wait for the scan to start depending on the system
(2019-08-03, 04:24)siliciferous Wrote:
stop any library updates 

Browse into your [Kodi profile]\Database folder and move the most recently modified MyVideosXXX.db file somewhere else. When you next launch Kodi your videos folders will not have a content type or scraper associated with them so Kodi won't scan for videos even if configured to do so on startup. Then you can disable video scraping on startup, close Kodi, and move the MyVideosXXX.db file back. 
you don't need to go as far as all that. If you stop the scans and change the scraper source

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash after library scan1