• 10(current)
Broken TVDB Scraper Broken? Kodi 18.2 & 18.3 Crashes during Scan
Guys is working again.
(2019-08-05, 16:35)sufreak Wrote: Can confirm - as of several hours ago, all my stuff was able to be refreshed.

Now I start to wonder if I should just store all metadata local. 
100% YES! Scrape your new media into your library, make any required changes to the information (studio, sorttitle, MPAA rating etc) and then export to local files. WHEN, not if, you need to re-scrape your library down the road it will be 1000 times faster and no need to hassle with fixing the information or finding artwork again.
I still have the same issue of being able to scrape new episodes but not access the info in Kodi 18.0. I can only access the info screen and play from the context menu.

On 18.1 I seem to be able to access the info screen from the GUI.

If this another issue introduced between 18.0 and 18.1 like a few others that have cropped up?
Is there a reason you're still using 18.0 rather than 18.2 or 18.3?

You can see the changed between 18.0 and 18.1 via the GitHub change logs - see here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hey guys, It's not working again kodi 10.3 with repo version v3.0.16...Something must have changed, because it's crashing again to desktop Sad

EDIT:

Sry guys looks like The Movie Database was causing the crash when scraping TV Shows 3.0.16 is working as of now, I'll see if its able to complete the scrape as i'm right in the middle of it Smile
(2019-08-06, 16:07)DarrenHill Wrote: Is there a reason you're still using 18.0 rather than 18.2 or 18.3?

You can see the changed between 18.0 and 18.1 via the GitHub change logs - see here.

18.1/2/3 doesn't work with a key add-on that is the reason I began using Kodi originally, plus they all have a problem killing stream details after playing. No reason to "upgrade" when there are un-repaired errors and incompatibilities to the purpose of using the program to begin with.
Which add-on?

We don't support 18.0 any longer in terms of bugfixes etc, any changes/fixes will be in 19.x (with backport to 18.4 as appropriate, if there is one of those before 19.0 is released).

This is especially if whatever is wrong with 18.0 is fixed in 18.1. So rather than staying with 18.0, it may make more sense to try and get whatever other issue is happening and move to the current versions.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I use CinemaVision, which hasn't been updated since 18.0 and the main developer hasn't been heard from in some time.

But that aside still doesn't address the other issues introduced in 18.1 that continued to 18.3.

If this issue with TheTVDB is now another 18.0 vs 18.1+ then I'll look for another TV show scraper that will continue to work.

The issue I'm having not being able to open the media info screen as default from the media menu for TV shows doesn't make any sense anyways. But alas that is what is going on.
The TVDB issue (at least the scraper one) is now fixed (aside from some work on the core code to prevent something similar crashing Kodi in the future).

So I think it would probably be best if you start up a new thread about your specific issue (the one in the last line of your post above, not the CinemaVision one) along with a debug log (wiki) upload link and we can look into it as a seperate problem. Or is there a pre-existing thread on it already? Please also include specific steps to replicate the problem so there's no confusion about exactly what you're trying to do.

Kodi Blog Posts
I'm not trying to do anything special. The default action when selecting media from the menu list is information, not play. The last 2 TV episodes I scraped won't open the information screen or play by simply clicking on them. They will do both by right-clicking and using the context menu. This is on 18.0. On 18.1 the proper action seems to work but I have only tested this on 2 systems thus far.

And again, anything past 18.0 has other problems which have not been addressed in the function of Kodi. 18.3 was an utter disappointment when I realized and pretty big flaw was still there and so far it doesn't seem to be getting a lot of attention.
Please be more specific - we can't look at fixes for "other problems" if we don't have details, logs and bug reports.

The default action is selectable in the settings if I remember correctly (don't have an install to hand here at work to be more specific of location in the settings), so perhaps it might be worth either trying a portable install of a fresh set-up (if you're on Windows) or temporarily renaming your kodi/.kodi folder to give you a factory-fresh default install (if you're on some other OS) and seeing if the issue persists there.

Kodi Blog Posts
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=343811

Again, pretty big issue that seems to not be getting much attention as from 18.2 to 18.3 it was not corrected.
@K0D1User1138

You already have a thread on the topic, so why spam unrelated posts with your issue?

Read here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=345373
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'm not spamming anything. I was asked why I use a specific version of Kodi which seems to have an issue with TheTVDB add-on scraper, or some other strange conflict, and I answered and provided the supporting information when requested.

What exactly am I seeing? That the issue I noted still isn't fixed? Hence why I use the version of Kodi that allows me to utilize the add-on (or spiritual successor) that first brought me to XBMC and doesn't erase stream details? 

I don't understand the need to play thread police while not actually being helpful. I provided feedback that Kodi 18.0 wasn't scraping TV shows with TheTVDB and subsequently the fix may have caused some weird actions. Everything further to that has been information provided to others who have requested it.

If you'd like I can just keep quite about issues I find and never bring them to anyone's attention so they can just continue to be issues and I won't end up "spamming" threads with feedback reports.
I believe I was being helpful. I gave you the link to an answer for the question in your other thread.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB Scraper Broken? Kodi 18.2 & 18.3 Crashes during Scan6