Skip issue with HEVC recordings
This happens intermittently with recordings in which some continuity errors have been reported. About 80% of them are fine, the rest have a problem when skipping commercials. After frame disturbed by some critical continuity error, any time the skip button is pressed (or a specific time is set) the video goes back to the error frame. Occasionally, even the video length is reported wrongly, but most often it is correct. Watching the video without skipping does not cause any issues.

This is not specific to Kodi player. Different Windows players have similar troubles with such .ts files: WMP and MPC-HC skip back as well, VLC does not skip back but resets the play time. The video file itself is obviously defective.

I can fix it when cut a couple of minutes at the beginning and convert the file to MP4. The conversion with no cutting does not help, it just copies the file with the error. I guess that after the beginning cut all timecodes must be changed as the video is now shorter. Converter does it sequentially, without skipping, and therefore correctly. I can live with it but if someone knew a better solution, please, help. Recording DVB-T2 with no errors at all can be hardly expected.

I am using Kodi Tvheadend Server 4.2.7-44 running on RPi 2 with LibreELEC (official) 9.0.2. The same issue was discussed in TVMosaic forum with no result ( https://forum.tv-mosaic.com/viewtopic.php?t=1055#p4783).

One of my wrong files may be downloaded from https://www.dropbox.com/s/t1yu7i794v7i6x...e.zip?dl=0. Zip was used to ensure that Dropbox service does not change the video file. Its sensitive spot is 40:37. Skipping before this time is ok, after this time with the troubles described above.
Why don't you switch recording profile to mks?
Thank you for your hint. I have switched it now and will see what will happen.  
So far, I avoided MKV files because they contain chapters and Big Step Forward/Back buttons do chapter skips instead of time skips in such case. This limit skipping of commercials too much. After your reply I looked at it again and found that this behaviour comes from ChapterOrBigStepForward/Back[font] default actions, which can be easily replaced by BigStepForward/Back and to give me what I want.  [/font]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skip issue with HEVC recordings0