Home screen customizing - sources not sorted
System: LibreElec 9.02 on NUC

First of all, thank you very much for this nice skin. The UI is simple, fast and clean, still highly configurable and functional.

I did quite a lot of customizing of my Home screen and so I came across some small issues:
  1. Selecting a source for a submenu action (e.g. Video Library->Sources->..., in my case folders on an external USB drive): Folders are not sorted, which makes is quite difficult to find the right one if there are many of them, especially as only 4 are visible in the list at the same time.
  2. Marking a Folder/Source as Favorite: In the Favorites window only the folder name is displayed, without any icon or some other kind of art, like for the other favorite types.
Also, is it possible to change the default list type for all views at the same time? E.g. from list to tall list (provided it's available in the given view)?

Thanks again,
Kybos
(2019-08-08, 12:41)kybos Wrote: System: LibreElec 9.02 on NUC

First of all, thank you very much for this nice skin. The UI is simple, fast and clean, still highly configurable and functional.

I did quite a lot of customizing of my Home screen and so I came across some small issues:
  1. Selecting a source for a submenu action (e.g. Video Library->Sources->..., in my case folders on an external USB drive): Folders are not sorted, which makes is quite difficult to find the right one if there are many of them, especially as only 4 are visible in the list at the same time.
  2. Marking a Folder/Source as Favorite: In the Favorites window only the folder name is displayed, without any icon or some other kind of art, like for the other favorite types.
Also, is it possible to change the default list type for all views at the same time? E.g. from list to tall list (provided it's available in the given view)?

Thanks again,
Kybos 
@kybos , thanks for your feedback.

As to the issues you pointed out:

1. As far as I know, I don't have control from the skin of how Kodi displays the list of folders, so I don't think I can fix that issue.
2. Thanks for pointing this out, it will be fixed in the next update.
3. I do not have any sort of "forced views" implemented, so it is not possible at the moment.

Regards,

Bart

Thanks again,
Kybos 
@kybos , issue #2 has been fixed on GitHub.  Please download, test, and let me know how it goes.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-08-09, 23:47)bsoriano Wrote:

Thanks again,
Kybos  
@kybos , issue #2 has been fixed on GitHub.  Please download, test, and let me know how it goes.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 

Thank you very much for your reply and the correction!

You are right about point 1 (the sorting of folders): I tried with other skins and the issue is the same, so the problem lies deeper. Do you know by any chance where (and how) it should be addressed? Is it more a skinshortcuts script problem or kodi core?

I will test the correction today and provide feedback.

I noticed another small issue:
If you set Settings > Skin Settings > Home Layout > Disable all home shelves to yes, then both of the menu items below it are hidden, one of them being the essential Home screen and shelves configuration. Is it intentional? Is it not supposed to be possible to customize the Home screen just because the shelves are disabled?
I tested the correction but I did not notice any change.
I used your Amber repo - or is it not quite up-to-date? Do I have to download directly from git?

Here is a screenshot (VIDEOS is a source, TEST is a folder is this source).

Thanks,
kybos
(2019-08-10, 11:30)kybos Wrote:
(2019-08-09, 23:47)bsoriano Wrote:

Thanks again,
Kybos  

Regards,

Bart 

Thank you very much for your reply and the correction!

You are right about point 1 (the sorting of folders): I tried with other skins and the issue is the same, so the problem lies deeper. Do you know by any chance where (and how) it should be addressed? Is it more a skinshortcuts script problem or kodi core?

I will test the correction today and provide feedback.

I noticed another small issue:
If you set Settings > Skin Settings > Home Layout > Disable all home shelves to yes, then both of the menu items below it are hidden, one of them being the essential Home screen and shelves configuration. Is it intentional? Is it not supposed to be possible to customize the Home screen just because the shelves are disabled?

@kybos, I think it is most likely a Kodi core issue.

Thanks for pointing out the second issue, this is a mistake on my part. I will correct that today.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-08-10, 12:50)kybos Wrote: I tested the correction but I did not notice any change.
I used your Amber repo - or is it not quite up-to-date? Do I have to download directly from git?

Thanks,
kybos

@kybos,

For the time being, you have to download directly from GitHub. Leía branch if you are on Kodi 18.x, Master branch if you are on Kodi 19.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-08-10, 13:10)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-10, 12:50)kybos Wrote: I tested the correction but I did not notice any change.

Thanks,
kybos

@kybos,

For the time being, you have to download directly from GitHub. Leía branch if you are on Kodi 18.x, Master branch if you are on Kodi 19.

Regards,

Bart 

Yes, it works!
Thanks again.
Kybos

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home screen customizing - sources not sorted0