Subtitles kerning and line space
Is there any way to modify the subtitles font kerning and line space?
(Even if it means me modifying some parameter in a config file)
Windows system, ttf font...
If you have a custom font, it's placement is likely (roaming or root) Kodi\media\Fonts which should be available in settings/video/language/fonts and I supposed a font editing tool would allow font kerning and line spacing. Alternatively you could embed the sub and font of your choice and parameters in the video with MKV toolnix  Supplemental tools/Windows (wiki)
I am using a custom font which I have already edited, but I can't find a global kerning value. I can however edit the kerning for different pairs or groups of glyphs, like A/W, which is tedious and slow. Font editing is not my specialty (LOL). I just thought, maybe kodi had some default value which could be changed for kerning and line spacing.
(2019-08-12, 21:39)bagheerah Wrote: I am using a custom font which I have already edited, but I can't find a global kerning value. I can however edit the kerning for different pairs or groups of glyphs, like A/W, which is tedious and slow. Font editing is not my specialty (LOL). I just thought, maybe kodi had some default value which could be changed for kerning and line spacing.
There's some control of line-space for skin labels, but I don't think there's anything for subs.  Trutype2 library is used for reading out the ttf font data and rendering to bitmap. 

scott s.
Kodi doesn't do font kerning.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles kerning and line space0