Solved MySQL and Kodi
Hello, I have been attempting to setup a MySQL instance on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ to act as my library manager for Kodi. I'm currently running Kodi 17.6 on Libreelec on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ in my living room that's connected directly to my tv and my ethernet network. I have two separate NAS's (due to size limitations of the first) that include all my movies and tv shows. My Kodi datasets therefore have two separate shares for movies and two separate shares for tv shows in order to access both NAS's and scrape all of my collection. I have followed the directions on the Wiki and setup MySQL (well, Mariadb at any rate), have setup a user kodi with access to everything, and setup my advancedsettings.xml file exactly as indicated in the wiki. However, when I turn on Kodi now that I've setup the advancedsettings.xml file, my library will no longer scrape (yes, I exported it to create all the .nfo files to my library before attempting this). I looked at the log file (log ) and can see that it's able to access the MySQL database on the other RP. I've also logged into Mariadb and checked and can see that it's created the following databases: MyMusic60 and MyVideos107. I don't have a music library, so that's why the log shows it not working.

I'm at a loss for what to do at this point. I think that PERHAPS it has something to do with my having two separate shares for movies and two separate shares for tv shows, and that I need to add more in the advancedsettings.xml to accommodate this, but I'm not sure. This has all been new to me and I've been trying to learn all I can to set this up on my own over the past week. If anyone has any suggestions, I would definitely appreciate it.

Thank you
Calex
First things first. You apparently have installed a repository and some add-ons that are considered illegal by Team Kodi as they are facilitating video piracy. As per our forum rules (wiki) and zero-tolerance policy, we will provide no support to Kodi devices with said add-ons.

It's nothing personal, but it is our "company policy". So kindly clean up your setup and provide a new debug log (wiki) file, before support is resumed here.
08:48:28.621 T:1857024928 INFO: MYSQL: Connected to version 5.5.5-10.3.15-MariaDB-1

And also, you may want to use a more recent MariaDB server version. The 5.5 version will be deprecated as far as support from MariaDB (and Kodi) goes in some 7-8 months. I'm currently running 10.3.15 on a RPi-4B without hiccups.
(2019-08-16, 17:30)Klojum Wrote: First things first. You apparently have installed a repository and some add-ons that are considered illegal by Team Kodi as they are facilitating video piracy. As per our forum rules (wiki) and zero-tolerance policy, we will provide no support to Kodi devices with said add-ons.

It's nothing personal, but it is our "company policy". So kindly clean up your setup and provide a new debug log (wiki) file, before support is resumed here.
Hi Klojum, Thank you for letting me know that! I am more than happy to remove anything considered illegal! It was never my intent to install anything considered that for sure, just my inexperience with Kodi. Can you let me know how to tell what I have installed that's violating the policy? I'll be happy to remove and repost an updated log.
(2019-08-16, 17:47)Klojum Wrote: 08:48:28.621 T:1857024928 INFO: MYSQL: Connected to version 5.5.5-10.3.15-MariaDB-1

And also, you may want to use a more recent MariaDB server version. The 5.5 version will be deprecated as far as support from MariaDB (and Kodi) goes in some 7-8 months. I'm currently running 10.3.15 on a RPi-4B without hiccups.

Sigh.. I didn't realize there was a newer version, just installed it with the sudo apt-get command. I'm very new to linux operating commands so have been trying to learn as I go. How do I update to the latest version, and will I have to go through and reset all the permissions, access etc that I did to get it setup in the first place?
(2019-08-16, 19:20)calexgon Wrote: Can you let me know how to tell what I have installed that's violating the policy? I'll be happy to remove and repost an updated log.

Look at the log, and remove everything which is highlighted in red.

And for letting you know....we will notice it if you simply edit the logfile Wink
(2019-08-16, 19:20)calexgon Wrote: Can you let me know how to tell what I have installed that's violating the policy?
Have a look at the orange-colored entries in your kodi log. They're pretty easy to spot.

(2019-08-16, 19:34)DaVu Wrote: in red.
Red ?!? Big Grin
(2019-08-16, 19:34)DaVu Wrote:
(2019-08-16, 19:20)calexgon Wrote: Can you let me know how to tell what I have installed that's violating the policy? I'll be happy to remove and repost an updated log.

And for letting you know....we will notice it if you simply edit the logfile Wink 
Hi DaVu
I'm not interested in trying to cheat. Just want to make sure I'm legit and can also get this MySql setup. I definitely appreciate any and all help and guidance. I'll go through the log and make sure I remove anything in red from my Kodi install. This was my first time creating a log, so I didn't know what any of it meant. I'll repost a new one as soon as I can.

If either of you have advice on updating my Mariadb that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for all the help!
Calex
(2019-08-16, 19:22)calexgon Wrote: Sigh.. I didn't realize there was a newer version, just installed it with the sudo apt-get command.

Which OS are you using, on which hardware box?

FYI, MariaDB is quite 'enthusiastic' with its releases with multiple stable versions. See https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/mariad...-releases/ .
(2019-08-16, 19:42)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-08-16, 19:22)calexgon Wrote: Sigh.. I didn't realize there was a newer version, just installed it with the sudo apt-get command.

Which OS are you using, on which hardware box?

FYI, MariaDB is quite 'enthusiastic' with its releases with multiple stable versions. See https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/mariad...-releases/
I'm currently running this on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ with Raspbian 10 (Buster). Just installed all of it this week
(2019-08-16, 19:41)calexgon Wrote:
(2019-08-16, 19:34)DaVu Wrote:

Hi DaVu
I'm not interested in trying to cheat. Just want to make sure I'm legit and can also get this MySql setup. I definitely appreciate any and all help and guidance. I'll go through the log and make sure I remove anything in red from my Kodi install. This was my first time creating a log, so I didn't know what any of it meant. I'll repost a new one as soon as I can.

If either of you have advice on updating my Mariadb that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for all the help!
Calex 
Hi DaVu
Looking at the log file I realize that I have a slight problem. I'm red-green color blind and all the colorized (highlighted) text in the log looks like the same color to me (except the blue). As a result, I'm going through my Kodi installation and removing all of the add-ons that I can (that I can tell aren't part of the normal Kodi install). Once I do that, I'll repost the log and hope that I got everything. I also hope that I'll be given some leeway and perhaps can get someone to point out on my second log anything in particular I'm missing. As I said, it was never my intent to do anything illegal.
Calex
FYI, these are the culprits.
Code:
10:12:17.514 T:1944757920 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in repository.xbmchub has been installed.'
10:12:17.514 T:1944757920 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in script.tvaddons.debug.log has been installed.'
10:12:17.515 T:1944757920 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in plugin.program.indigo has been installed.'
10:12:17.566 T:1944757920 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.xbmchub
Hello everyone
I've tried to uninstall all of the add-ons that I could that weren't labeled Kodi, so hopefully my new log file is something you can take a look at. As I mentioned, I seem to not be able to see any red in the log, so if I missed something if you could tell me what that is, I would definitely appreciate it.

Thanks for all the help!
Calex
(2019-08-16, 20:03)Klojum Wrote: FYI, these are the culprits.
Code:
10:12:17.514 T:1944757920 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in repository.xbmchub has been installed.'
10:12:17.514 T:1944757920 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in script.tvaddons.debug.log has been installed.'
10:12:17.515 T:1944757920 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in plugin.program.indigo has been installed.'
10:12:17.566 T:1944757920 NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.xbmchub
Thank you! Here's an updated one. Think I missed the tvaddons one and it looks like we posted these about the same time. Smile
Code:
13:11:32.131 T:1858073504 INFO: MYSQL: Connected to version 5.5.5-10.3.15-MariaDB-1
13:11:32.140 T:1858073504 NOTICE: Running database version MyMusic60
13:11:32.152 T:1858073504 NOTICE: Running database version MyVideos107
13:11:32.155 T:1858073504 NOTICE: Running database version TV29
13:11:32.158 T:1858073504 NOTICE: Running database version Epg11
13:11:32.160 T:1858073504 DEBUG: Initialize, updating databases... DONE
It seems like the MariaDB is properly set up now as well, so problem seems solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL and Kodi0