WIP: script.video.randomtrailers
This is a Work In Progress that is very close to being Alpha-Ready. In about a week I will have installable images. Basic information can be found on the wiki: https://github.com/fbacher/Kodi-script.v...ilers/wiki

This add-on is a replacement for the defunct Random Trailers Screensaver / Script which has not been modified since 2014 and is no longer functional.

This add-on is a near total rewrite of the original. It has many more capabilities, which unfortunately means that is bigger.
Development is at Wiki is at: https://github.com/fbacher/Kodi-script.v...ilers/wiki
Hi there, whats the latest on this plug-in? I tried to install it and got through the dependencies but getting black screen. Logs show some errors in the add-on. Can post logs if its helpful, but just curious if you are still working on this?
@fbacher wanted to ping you one more time to see if you are working on this, otherwise I'll go down a different path.
(2020-09-11, 21:35)dhogan Wrote: @fbacher wanted to ping you one more time to see if you are working on this, otherwise I'll go down a different path.

Sorry, derelict in my duties.

I have been distracted by other things over the past year. However, I have been working on this over the past several months and the project is feature complete and should be ready for alpha/beta testing within a week. I will follow up with more info. Would you like to be an early tester? What platform?
(2020-09-15, 16:09)fbacher Wrote:
(2020-09-11, 21:35)dhogan Wrote: @fbacher wanted to ping you one more time to see if you are working on this, otherwise I'll go down a different path.

Sorry, derelict in my duties.

I have been distracted by other things over the past year. However, I have been working on this over the past several months and the project is feature complete and should be ready for alpha/beta testing within a week. I will follow up with more info. Would you like to be an early tester? What platform?
No worries - appreciate the response. I am definitely an early tester, and will test on Windows and OSMC. I messed around with your repo and tried to get it to work on Leia and Matrix but had some dependency issues and didn't have more time to troubleshoot.
I just installed clean on Windows and had to go through hours of getting the correct dependencies and installing in proper order. Turns out it won't run with Kodi 19 Alpha (July) because of API changes made since then. It appears to work with today's daily build. Also, had to patch youtube.dl because several debug levels have been removed. After I kick it around a bit I will upload or link to the appropriate .zips with some comments.
* Now able to run on Windows (2000, I do need an upgrade) and Linux (Ubuntu 20.04) using very recent Kodi daily build. (Will not work with Alpha 1, due to api changes).
* Does NOT work with released versions. I made decision to switch to python 3 and current api. Backwards support would make me crazy.
* Works with pydevd addon, if installed.
* I have collection of dependent pre-release plugins and order of installation.

I made lots of fixes in the past week, mostly to sections that I had not exercised much in a while. Also making mass changes to reduce logging, and other things needed before a release.

Contact me if you would  like to be an early tester.

Frank
I would test, been following the github project closely.
Great! I'll have it ready by Saturday.

I'm looking into potential legal constraints. I need to display a logo for TMDB. I will disable the iTunes and TFH capabilities until I can clear that hurdle.
Have splash screen to display TMDB logo. TFH gave me preliminary permission to use their trailers.
Ran into issue with running on Windows. Was using youtube-dl as external command, but on Windows Kodi does not ship with python executable. So I'm reverting back to calling the youtube-dl plugin directly and slogging through finding correct options and api to use. I had eschewed calling directly because youtube-dl seemed to less stable and possibly contaminate the environment.

If you need it on Windows it will take a few more days, unless you don't care about downloading trailers (TMDB,TFH won't work).
I can test on linux first, Windows isn't a must for my use case.
Great! I just uploaded changes that should make it work on windows as well as Linux. However, audio normalization won't work on windows until I add ability to run external ffmpeg command.

I had to make extensive changes to youtube-dl downloading code to use embedded youtube-dl instead of command line. I fixed a number of regressions that popped up today. Tomorrow I'll verify everything works with latest Alpha-2 as well as verify that there aren't newer versions of dependencies that are required.
I went ahead and uploaded all of the patched dependant plugins as well as the latest Random Trailers plugin to DropBox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/reo8v4o1ndzje...QN59a?dl=0

I can't find  my notes about the order which the plugins must be installed. Using the previous daily build on windows I had to restart Kodi every time I attempted to install a plugin for the second time due to 'Structure' errors.

Note that most of the patches were hand made and the versions and content won't match anything official. I did attempt to find existing patches that would work.
Cool, was able to get the plug-in running and opening scene, but no trailers yet. Took me a little bit to get the dependencies working right. Looks like some errors around youtube, haven't had time to dig in.
(2020-10-08, 15:40)dhogan Wrote: Cool, was able to get the plug-in running and opening scene, but no trailers yet. Took me a little bit to get the dependencies working right. Looks like some errors around youtube, haven't had time to dig in.

Looks like I jumped the gun a bit. I have found and fixed several issues:
  • normalizer reader threads (not on by default) don't exit when process complete, consumes cpu.
  • garbage collector (not on by default) throwing exception under particular combination of options
  • Added ffmpeg command path for windows (for normalizer)
  • Other (that I don't remember at the moment).
Another issue is with TFH (not on by default). Have not figured out yet.

I can either update the download images if you like, or wait a few days for me to stablize a bit more. The fixes for TFH and Windows were a pretty big hit.

I'll probably communicate more off-line instead of flooding this thread with bug-fixing stuff.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WIP: script.video.randomtrailers0