• 40(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
(2021-01-29, 08:11)jctennis Wrote: I'm most definitely having problems with the latest update. All the pluto channels were gone so I went ahead and did a clean start. My m3u import channels are fine but I can't seem to add anything else. When I choose any option like recommend services, recommended channels, tv shows etc. The window never opens.

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ecePbgH...p=drivesdk

Didn't finish the update, going to finish it up tomorrow... sorry about that.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2021-01-29, 02:03)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-01-29, 01:58)Hardax Wrote:
(2021-01-29, 00:56)Lunatixz Wrote: You don't have IPTV manager installed.

Didn’t you say it was either/or? Pseudo TV or IPTV Manager but not both?
Quote:You DO NOT configure IPTV Manager, it's a passive utility. If you are using IPTV Manager as a standalone plugin you select it to configure IPTV Simple; if you are using PseudoTV Live you select PseudoTV Live to configure IPTV Simple. It's one or the other...

ie, You're using IPTV Manager alone or You're using PseudoTV Live which can integrate with IPTV Manager via the import function. 

If you want to use PseudoTV Lives import function, you can either directly import any Third-Party m3u/xmltv pair, or if the plugin supports PseudoTV Live you'll be prompted to add the channel to the recommended list. Then you select the channel from the "Recommend" drop-down list.

Hope this helps clear things up. =)

PseudoTV Live piggybacks off IPTV Manager.
Alrighty, making progress. I installed IPTV Manager then did a clean start of Pseudo TV. On restart of Kodi I get the dialog that a compatable plugin was found (Discovery+) and I select yes to add it. Now under predefined channels I have the "Recommended Services" option where I can select Discovery+ "Imports".

After that I seem to be at a stand still. Nothing in my guide and I get a pop up that I don't have any channels configured.

What is choosing the recommended services supposed to do exactly?

At this stage its really not all that important in my use case since, being in the USA and not having live TV as part of the Discovery+ website, there really isn't any reason to bring Discovery+ into PseudoTV. Just curious how its supposed to work.

Thanks for all your help @Lunatixz
@jctennis PlutoTV should be working v.0.2.5l and make sure to update PlutoTV plugin v.1.5.1... Live TV through "Recommend Services" and VOD through "Recommend"...

@Hardax Give the latest builds a go...
The most recent build caused my pre defined channels menu to disappear. Also there is a constant Parsing 0% in the right hand corner that doesnt go away.
(2021-01-30, 06:32)colin_clout Wrote: The most recent build caused my pre defined channels menu to disappear. Also there is a constant Parsing 0% in the right hand corner that doesnt go away.

Log?
(2021-01-30, 08:17)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-01-30, 06:32)colin_clout Wrote: The most recent build caused my pre defined channels menu to disappear. Also there is a constant Parsing 0% in the right hand corner that doesnt go away.

Log?

Im having trouble accessing the log for that. But on a different PC, the one Id actually prefer to use, I keep getting error messages for IPTV Manager, Embuary Helper and Pseudotv Live. Log
(2021-01-30, 17:29)colin_clout Wrote:
(2021-01-30, 08:17)Lunatixz Wrote:

Log?

Im having trouble accessing the log for that. But on a different PC, the one Id actually prefer to use, I keep getting error messages for IPTV Manager, Embuary Helper and Pseudotv Live. Log
Your log is filled with dependency errors... if possible start with clean Kodi install, make sure to only install plugins through their repositories.
(2021-01-30, 19:31)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-01-30, 17:29)colin_clout Wrote:
(2021-01-30, 08:17)Lunatixz Wrote: Log?

Your log is filled with dependency errors... if possible start with clean Kodi install, make sure to only install plugins through their repositories.

Its a clean install and I only installed your repo and PTVL repo and those dependencies.

I had a hunch that my problem might have been related to windows 7 python limitations so I did a clean Win10 install and tried again only installing Kodi and your repos and it looks like all has been successful except that now I still don't see any pre-defined channel options just like my other computer. Now I'm having a hard time finding the new log on my Windows 10 OS.

Ok, found it. This is a fresh install on a freshly installed Windows 10 OS:
Log
(2021-01-30, 20:23)colin_clout Wrote:
(2021-01-30, 19:31)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-01-30, 17:29)colin_clout Wrote: Im having trouble accessing the log for that. But on a different PC, the one Id actually prefer to use, I keep getting error messages for IPTV Manager, Embuary Helper and Pseudotv Live. Log

Its a clean install and I only installed your repo and PTVL repo and those dependencies.

I had a hunch that my problem might have been related to windows 7 python limitations so I did a clean Win10 install and tried again only installing Kodi and your repos and it looks like all has been successful except that now I still don't see any pre-defined channel options just like my other computer. Now I'm having a hard time finding the new log on my Windows 10 OS.

Log
Looks like a bug... I'm going to push a fix now, but you can temp fix by installing my PlutoTV plugin.... the issue is related to detecting "recommend channels" in your case you do not have any which is raising an error.
I'm loving messing around with this and haven't checked in in a bit. I'm noticing some small things but nothing huge. I would however like to be useful and I'm still not completely clear how I can share log files.
Also, is there a way to enable debug logging within Kodi without the constantly streaming text on the top of my screen?
If anyone can provide me with an idiots guide to creating and sharing logs I'd appreciate it, and promise I'd contribute.

Unrelated: I know changing the logo folder is a "coming soon" feature, but can I add/change the icons where ever they are currently stored? I'm not sure where the "resource://..." files are stored. Or if this is by design so we don't mess with them right now that's understandable. I'm assuming the PTVL icons override the IPTV icons because I changed the directory in those settings and it doesn't seem to matter. Unless there is a very specific naming convention that has to be followed or something.

I never dreamed that PTVL would work this well though. My problems are all minor and it is mostly very stable.
(2021-01-30, 23:19)Gorodos Wrote: I'm loving messing around with this and haven't checked in in a bit. I'm noticing some small things but nothing huge. I would however like to be useful and I'm still not completely clear how I can share log files.
Also, is there a way to enable debug logging within Kodi without the constantly streaming text on the top of my screen?
If anyone can provide me with an idiots guide to creating and sharing logs I'd appreciate it, and promise I'd contribute.

Unrelated: I know changing the logo folder is a "coming soon" feature, but can I add/change the icons where ever they are currently stored? I'm not sure where the "resource://..." files are stored. Or if this is by design so we don't mess with them right now that's understandable. I'm assuming the PTVL icons override the IPTV icons because I changed the directory in those settings and it doesn't seem to matter. Unless there is a very specific naming convention that has to be followed or something.

I never dreamed that PTVL would work this well though. My problems are all minor and it is mostly very stable.
The text doesn't go away as far as I'm aware. You only want to turn logging on if you are trying to capture a log file. It isn't something you want on all the time because the log file can get very large very quickly. I can try and help you with sharing the log if you tell me what system you are running Kodi on. Also, if you are on Windows please let me know if you are using the version from the Windows store or not.

ETA: For the record, yes you can use advancedsettings.xml to log without the on screen display, but for the average user, I would not recommend it. It is a good idea to have that visual reminder so you turn it back off again after you have recreated the issue. Just wanted to throw that in there before any other veteran users jump on me lol
(2021-01-30, 23:18)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-01-30, 20:23)colin_clout Wrote:
(2021-01-30, 19:31)Lunatixz Wrote: Your log is filled with dependency errors... if possible start with clean Kodi install, make sure to only install plugins through their repositories.

Log
Looks like a bug... I'm going to push a fix now, but you can temp fix by installing my PlutoTV plugin.... the issue is related to detecting "recommend channels" in your case you do not have any which is raising an error.
That last patch fixed the predefined channels issue. Still seeing the hanging PseudoTV Live 0%: Parsing Kodi Library message, but ill report back on that.
(2021-01-30, 23:48)jctennis Wrote:
(2021-01-30, 23:19)Gorodos Wrote: I'm loving messing around with this and haven't checked in in a bit. I'm noticing some small things but nothing huge. I would however like to be useful and I'm still not completely clear how I can share log files.

The text doesn't go away as far as I'm aware. You only want to turn logging on if you are trying to capture a log file. It isn't something you want on all the time because the log file can get very large very quickly. I can try and help you with sharing the log if you tell me what system you are running Kodi on. Also, if you are on Windows please let me know if you are using the version from the Windows store or not.

ETA: For the record, yes you can use advancedsettings.xml to log without the on screen display, but for the average user, I would not recommend it. It is a good idea to have that visual reminder so you turn it back off again after you have recreated the issue. Just wanted to throw that in there before any other veteran users jump on me lol
Awesome, that makes perfect sense thank you! So basically:
Encounter an error
Turn on logging
Try to recreate the error
(2021-01-31, 00:35)Gorodos Wrote:
(2021-01-30, 23:48)jctennis Wrote:

Encounter an error
Turn on logging

Exactly. A lot of times it helps to turn logging on, kill Kodi, and open it again then recreate the issue. Then you need to copy the log file and either paste it to http://paste.kodi.tv/ or https://paste.ubuntu.com. I usually upload mine to my google drive and post the sharable link just because I manage everything from my mobile device usually and it is much easier to upload a file than copy a huge amount of text and paste it on a touch screen. If you need help finidng the log, tell me what platform you are running Kodi on and I'll help you further if I can.
(2021-01-31, 00:40)jctennis Wrote:
(2021-01-31, 00:35)Gorodos Wrote:
(2021-01-30, 23:48)jctennis Wrote: The text doesn't go away as far as I'm aware. You only want to turn logging on if you are trying to capture a log file. It isn't something you want on all the time because the log file can get very large very quickly. I can try and help you with sharing the log if you tell me what system you are running Kodi on. Also, if you are on Windows please let me know if you are using the version from the Windows store or not.

Encounter an error
Turn on logging

Exactly. A lot of times it helps to turn logging on, kill Kodi, and open it again then recreate the issue. Then you need to copy the log file and either paste it to http://paste.kodi.tv/ or https://paste.ubuntu.com. I usually upload mine to my google drive and post the sharable link just because I manage everything from my mobile device usually and it is much easier to upload a file than copy a huge amount of text and paste it on a touch screen. If you need help finidng the log, tell me what platform you are running Kodi on and I'll help you further if I can.

Yeah sorry. Win10. It's not the Microsoft app, it's from the website.
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4