• 57(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
@Lunatixz - did you get my uploaded log?  Have you had a chance to review it?

Another problem I'm having is that in the Utilities menu, Settings, I can never autotune my channels, because PSTVL  says the "settings are temporarily disabled" and to "come back later".  This has never been an option for me since I installed PSTVL.  I've always gone to the Settings through the Context menu by hitting "C" over top the PSTVL icon on the Add-Ons menu.  How can I make this work?  I've been at this for a few days now and just about to give up, I simply can't figure this out.

Please advise when you have a moment, I know you're extremely busy answering a ton of other queries.  Thank you.
(2021-05-20, 05:40)dansmith2342 Wrote: @Lunatixz - did you get my uploaded log?  Have you had a chance to review it?

Another problem I'm having is that in the Utilities menu, Settings, I can never autotune my channels, because PSTVL  says the "settings are temporarily disabled" and to "come back later".  This has never been an option for me since I installed PSTVL.  I've always gone to the Settings through the Context menu by hitting "C" over top the PSTVL icon on the Add-Ons menu.  How can I make this work?  I've been at this for a few days now and just about to give up, I simply can't figure this out.

Please advise when you have a moment, I know you're extremely busy answering a ton of other queries.  Thank you.
I believe it's in your best interest to read some of my prior posts and my op...
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=355549
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Thanks.  I've read your pages, there's so much old information on the Web for previous versions, not much of it is accurate anymore.  You don't explain WHERE the xmltv file is kept or what it is called.  Your instructions I found on this page are not very clear - is that where I should be?  I did a search on my entire system and can't find the location or file name but there are several xmltv files with .dtd, .pyc and .py extensions.  Please tell me what I should be looking for.  I can't figure it out and need some assistance.  I'm NOT DUMB, after messing with this for 3 days now, I still can't get TV shows to populate the Guide.  If it's this difficult for me, I wonder how difficult it might be for others!
(2021-05-20, 08:07)dansmith2342 Wrote: Thanks.  I've read your pages, there's so much old information on the Web for previous versions, not much of it is accurate anymore.  You don't explain WHERE the xmltv file is kept or what it is called.  Your instructions I found on this page are not very clear - is that where I should be?  I did a search on my entire system and can't find the location or file name but there are several xmltv files with .dtd, .pyc and .py extensions.  Please tell me what I should be looking for.  I can't figure it out and need some assistance.  I'm NOT DUMB, after messing with this for 3 days now, I still can't get TV shows to populate the Guide.  If it's this difficult for me, I wonder how difficult it might be for others!

Wow, You're finding some pretty old docs from a former project. I deleted them, just now FYI. Docs published in 2017 won't be relevant to a project released in 2020. However, you'll find updated data and links to docs here.

No one is calling you dumb, this project is a beta and requires users to have a basic understanding of Kodi, IPTV simple, PVR backend uses... It also helps to have general idea of how this plug operates... Which I believe is your Crux at the moment. I have no doubt if you read my docs and posts from prior user exchanges you'll get it...

FYI... Why do you need to know where the xmltv file is? if you really need to know...Kodi only permits plugins save files to Kodi's addon_data folder by default. This knowledge is not required for general use as PseudoTV self configures IPTV simple and the path is visible from PseudoTV's settings.
Just started to dive into the new version. I love the new integration into the EPG. One thing that I had noticed is that all my audio only inside PTVL seems to be stuck on PCM even with pass through enabled.  Playing the same file outside of PTVL shows the correct audio format on my receiver.  Does anyone else see something like this? I am running the latest build as of this post. Not sure what data I would need to provide as the github issue does not have a template to fill out so I don't miss anything.  I have tried several different formats and they all seem to play in PCM.
(2021-05-21, 00:14)shakuyi Wrote: Just started to dive into the new version. I love the new integration into the EPG. One thing that I had noticed is that all my audio only inside PTVL seems to be stuck on PCM even with pass through enabled.  Playing the same file outside of PTVL shows the correct audio format on my receiver.  Does anyone else see something like this? I am running the latest build as of this post. Not sure what data I would need to provide as the github issue does not have a template to fill out so I don't miss anything.  I have tried several different formats and they all seem to play in PCM.

This is odd... I've never seen this before; I can look into it, but first can you go through a few steps for me?

1. While playing PTVL open the OSD select settings, audio settings and double-check allow passthrough is enabled. if yes follow step 2.
2. Stop PTVL playback, change PTVLs playback method to playlists and repeat step 1.

Let me know if anything changes; thx
(2021-05-21, 01:26)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-05-21, 00:14)shakuyi Wrote: Just started to dive into the new version. I love the new integration into the EPG. One thing that I had noticed is that all my audio only inside PTVL seems to be stuck on PCM even with pass through enabled.  Playing the same file outside of PTVL shows the correct audio format on my receiver.  Does anyone else see something like this? I am running the latest build as of this post. Not sure what data I would need to provide as the github issue does not have a template to fill out so I don't miss anything.  I have tried several different formats and they all seem to play in PCM.

This is odd... I've never seen this before; I can look into it, but first can you go through a few steps for me?

1. While playing PTVL open the OSD select settings, audio settings and double-check allow passthrough is enabled. if yes follow step 2.
2. Stop PTVL playback, change PTVLs playback method to playlists and repeat step 1.

(2021-05-21, 03:35)ericwbolin Wrote:

Sorry about the empty post. My phone freaked out.

Anyway, I just wanted to say I was having the same issues, with only PCM sound coming through. Passthrough was enabled, but your Step 2, changing playback to Playlist, fixed it for me.
(2021-05-21, 03:36)ericwbolin Wrote:
(2021-05-21, 01:26)Lunatixz Wrote: This is odd... I've never seen this before; I can look into it, but first can you go through a few steps for me?

Anyway, I just wanted to say I was having the same issues, with only PCM sound coming through. Passthrough was enabled, but your Step 2, changing playback to Playlist, fixed it for me.
FYI not a fix, just a troubleshooting step.

Playlist playback breaks all PVR aspects of this project.
(2021-05-21, 03:39)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-05-21, 03:36)ericwbolin Wrote:

Just a thought, but could it be related to this?
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=284580
Kodi doesn't seem to allow passthrough audio for "live" tv since 17.
(2021-05-21, 03:45)mrdally204 Wrote:
(2021-05-21, 03:39)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-05-21, 03:36)ericwbolin Wrote: Sorry about the empty post. My phone freaked out.

Yes, it's an old issue that I hope the team will reevaluate. When passthrough was disabled in LiveTV Kodi's VFS wasn't available to it... Things have changed since then.

Yup that did the trick it is now allowing passthrough after following step 2, thank you for that Smile  Now that the correct audio format is used I noticed that the kodi loader symbol is forever left on the screen during PTVL playback lol.  Is that part of the PVR issue you mentioned later?  I can't even get to the OSD screen during playback but I am able to pause lol

Edit: I ended up switching themes and it seems the loader went away, I was on the stock theme and switched to Aura
Edit2: Nope still there from time to time
(2021-05-21, 05:06)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-05-21, 03:45)mrdally204 Wrote:
(2021-05-21, 03:39)Lunatixz Wrote: FYI not a fix, just a troubleshooting step.

Yes, it's an old issue that I hope the team will reevaluate. When passthrough was disabled in LiveTV Kodi's VFS wasn't available to it... Things have changed since then.

Nextpvr is able to pass through audio when in time shifting mode in 19. Maybe something in IPTV simple can be configured to take advantage of the same method to pass through?
anyone else notice on 0.3.0i that settings are not saving? Everytime I start up Kodi after a successful exit I lose all channels and have to readd in the auto tune section

Edit: In fact sometimes I can never get through all the auto tune settings before it tries to auto tune and locks me out of configuring things.  Would be nice if it would wait to auto configure until I closed settings for reals. Then also if it could actually save what I wanted lol

Edit2: Sometimes the setting data is saved but is not properly reflected in the UI, the UI seems to show default auto tune categories but when I drill down to a autotune category it shows what I had just selected. Restarting Kodi results in all settings being wiped again though.
(2021-05-22, 18:18)shakuyi Wrote: anyone else notice on 0.3.0i that settings are not saving? Everytime I start up Kodi after a successful exit I lose all channels and have to readd in the auto tune section

Edit: In fact sometimes I can never get through all the auto tune settings before it tries to auto tune and locks me out of configuring things.  Would be nice if it would wait to auto configure until I closed settings for reals. Then also if it could actually save what I wanted lol

Edit2: Sometimes the setting data is saved but is not properly reflected in the UI, the UI seems to show default auto tune categories but when I drill down to a autotune category it shows what I had just selected. Restarting Kodi results in all settings being wiped again though.

I have to refactor how I get settings, Kodi's API is sensitive to calls when using threading or calls from a loop. I'll fix the issue tonight.
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4