• 77(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
(2022-04-17, 20:12)TheWeasel Wrote: Adding to the above, I have a similar issue with Networks, seemingly being limited to 50

50+ Networks.. Okay.
Let's start with a debug log (wiki) so we can see some inner workings.
(2022-04-17, 20:12)TheWeasel Wrote: Adding to the above, I have a similar issue with Networks, seemingly being limited to 50

(2022-04-17, 20:11)TheWeasel Wrote: I have a library of 368 TV Shows, but when I look in the PseudoTV Live autotune list, it only shows 250 and it doesn't appear to be the first 250 alphabetically, rather I see no consistency as to which shows are not appearing.
Is there a 250 show limit? If so, can I change this somewhere? Any other reason you can think of that this would be missing?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3088864
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I was able to increase the number of shows and networks by making changes to jsonrpc.py
python:
if sortbycount:
    TVShows = [json.loads(x[0]) for x in sorted(TVShows.most_common(250))]
    NetworkList = [x[0] for x in sorted(NetworkList.most_common(50))]
    ShowGenreList = [x[0] for x in sorted(ShowGenreList.most_common(25))]
else:
    TVShows = (sorted(map(json.loads, TVShows.keys()), key=lambda k: k['label']))
    del TVShows[250:]
    NetworkList = (sorted(set(list(NetworkList.keys()))))
    del NetworkList[250:]
    ShowGenreList = (sorted(set(list(ShowGenreList.keys()))))
The limits are currently hard coded in this file as 250, 50, and 25 for TV Shows, Networks, and TV Genres respectively. I raised these values to above my collection size and this resolved my issue (set TVShows to 999 for example and it found all 368 TV Shows and added their channels properly).

Now I have to disable auto update though since I modified hard coded values. Can you make these limits configurable in a future update so I can set them higher than you do by default?
I modified the above snipped with the below limit of 999 and now all is working as I expected it to (no more limit of 250, 50, 25).
Modified snippet of jsonrpc.py
python:
if sortbycount:
    TVShows = [json.loads(x[0]) for x in sorted(TVShows.most_common(999))]
    NetworkList = [x[0] for x in sorted(NetworkList.most_common(999))]
    ShowGenreList = [x[0] for x in sorted(ShowGenreList.most_common(999))]
else:
    TVShows = (sorted(map(json.loads, TVShows.keys()), key=lambda k: k['label']))
    del TVShows[999:]
    NetworkList = (sorted(set(list(NetworkList.keys()))))
    del NetworkList[999:]
    ShowGenreList = (sorted(set(list(ShowGenreList.keys()))))
Would be very grateful if you made these configurable in the PseudoTV Live settings screen. Thanks for the awesome work
hi I reinstalled PseudoTV Live on one of the recent nightlies, and so far so good, made a couple of channels though smart playlist and all, and I noticed that when I try to do channel rules in the manager it hangs and doesn't go into them, are they disabled or does it just take awhile for it to load up?
(2022-04-19, 01:05)Caenx82 Wrote: hi I reinstalled PseudoTV Live on one of the recent nightlies, and so far so good, made a couple of channels though smart playlist and all, and I noticed that when I try to do channel rules in the manager it hangs and doesn't go into them, are they disabled or does it just take awhile for it to load up?

Need to have mouse support enabled, then they will appear
Does anyone else have an issue if you shut down Kodi and doen't use it for awhile when you fire it back, up the program guide is empty and not matter what you do you cant get it to populate? I know I need to get you some logs but just curious if its just me and my setup? I also notice when this is happening, PseudoTV seems to be constantly building my channels. It gets to 100% then after a few seconds it starts all over again?
I'm trying to get multiroom working smoothly and I'm wondering what is the ideal setup for server and clients. It seems like the server has to always be powered on for the clients to get guide info and playback channels, right?

That's too bad because I was hoping to create channels on my Windows PC (which is not always on) that could be accessed on my 2 Nvidia Shields. The media itself is located on a NAS that is always on and accessible by both devices through SMB. I could just create the channels on one of the Nvidia Shields, but neither one is always powered on and I would like the guide to be synced.

After digging around a bit, I tried setting the "Centralized file location" under options to be a shared location on the NAS for both the PC and the Shield. The M3U and XML files created by PseudoTV were correctly saved there, but I was hoping that having access to the M3U & XML would allow the Shield to show the guide and playback the media over SMB without connecting to the PC. Should that have worked or not?

Since I can't leave my Windows PC running all the time, I might try setting up a Raspberry Pi as the always-on PseudoTV server, maybe running LibreElec. I also thought about running a web client version of Kodi on my NAS, and I found a docker container that would do just that (https://github.com/matthuisman/docker-kodi-headless/) but I couldn't figure out how to install third-party add-ons once I got it up and running.

Let me know if you have any suggestions. And I really appreciate your work on the add-on; it's great!
I have mouse support enabled, and yet it still hangs is it supposed to pop up instantly once you click it?
(2022-04-22, 03:45)Caenx82 Wrote: I have mouse support enabled, and yet it still hangs is it supposed to pop up instantly once you click it?

Advanced channel rules are a pending feature and currently not available.
A question about the setting to parse for accurate duration meta.  It says that it can save accurate duration to Kodi's Library.  Does this mean that should I somehow manage to play through all the music videos in my library and then save the metadata back to the files, using the export Library function that this will eventually mean that accurate metadata will exist in my files?

The reason I'm asking is because if this is how it works, is it possible to create a 'sample' or taste function that can scan my library for accurate duration and save this information so that both Kodi and PsuedoTV Live! will have it going forward?

Right now I have the duration detection enabled and I assume this is the source of the near pausing for several seconds in between videos.  If there is a way to just scan the system for timing and have it stop needing this (because it already has the correct information) I'd be very interested.  Will be turning on logging and restarting to get you a log of the behavior, when I have one I will edit this post.

EDIT: Here's that log. It's too big for gist so I put it up on Mega.

EDIT x2: Tried disabling the duration parsing and it doesn't seem to be making a difference at all.  Would appreciate your advice on the situation when you are able to look through the log and make some suggestions for me.  Thanks for everything.

EDIT x3: Put everything back the way it was and started a new log, this time I just let the channel play.  Here's that log.  Warning!  It's huge!  Also something I noticed is that despite the parsing and with or without it some songs start at the beginning and others start in the middle when they finally start playing.
(2022-04-22, 16:04)bornagainpenguin Wrote: A question about the setting to parse for accurate duration meta.  It says that it can save accurate duration to Kodi's Library.  Does this mean that should I somehow manage to play through all the music videos in my library and then save the metadata back to the files, using the export Library function that this will eventually mean that accurate metadata will exist in my files?

The reason I'm asking is because if this is how it works, is it possible to create a 'sample' or taste function that can scan my library for accurate duration and save this information so that both Kodi and PsuedoTV Live! will have it going forward?

PseudoTV Live will save/update the duration found in Kodi's library with if the parsed duration differs from the existing entry. Library export will preserve the saved duration data. Kodi will use the new duration; it is now part of the library meta.
(2022-04-22, 16:04)bornagainpenguin Wrote: Right now I have the duration detection enabled and I assume this is the source of the near pausing for several seconds in between videos.  If there is a way to just scan the system for timing and have it stop needing this (because it already has the correct information) I'd be very interested.  Will be turning on logging and restarting to get you a log of the behavior, when I have one I will edit this post.

Pausing in-between content is normal for the "PVR callback" method of playback. Faster devices will load content faster than others. My Windows PC loads near instantly whereas my Nivida Sheild loads after 1-3 seconds.
Playlist playback method will load faster because it does not have to "callback" to the PVR backend. You can also access this method of playback by using the "Play from here" context menu option. Read the readme for more details...

As to your question, No; this isn't due to parsing. All file parsing is handled when you see the progress dialog "Building" or "Updating" channels.
(2022-04-22, 00:29)swarthy_danielz Wrote: I'm trying to get multiroom working smoothly and I'm wondering what is the ideal setup for server and clients. It seems like the server has to always be powered on for the clients to get guide info and playback channels, right?

That's too bad because I was hoping to create channels on my Windows PC (which is not always on) that could be accessed on my 2 Nvidia Shields. The media itself is located on a NAS that is always on and accessible by both devices through SMB. I could just create the channels on one of the Nvidia Shields, but neither one is always powered on and I would like the guide to be synced.

After digging around a bit, I tried setting the "Centralized file location" under options to be a shared location on the NAS for both the PC and the Shield. The M3U and XML files created by PseudoTV were correctly saved there, but I was hoping that having access to the M3U & XML would allow the Shield to show the guide and playback the media over SMB without connecting to the PC. Should that have worked or not?

You'll find a lot of information contained in the readme file.

Currently PseudoTV Live supports two methods for multi-room. Shared network folder "Centralized file location" or remote path (Auto Discovery) which accesses a hosted m3u/xmltv via your server instance of PseudoTV Live.

Before you can consider using Multi-Room your Kodi instances have to already be configured to use a centralized MySQL database and shared sources.xml with all paths network accessible. Information and links are found in the readme file.

Needless to say, your media server has to be accessible at all times! This is a good place to install Kodi and run an instance of PseudoTV Live as a server. You CAN NOT run headless, there are NO official headless Kodi builds, and even if there were. You would have no way of configuring PseudoTV Lives settings/channels via a headless option.

The server instance of PseudoTV Live will generate all files necessary for its clients and is best left running along with the media server to guarantee files are kept up to date. Keep in mind only the server instance of PseudoTV Live can configure channels, clients are dummy endpoints that handle playback and assist in configuring Kodi.
this happens to me too!
(2022-04-22, 22:32)Lunatixz Wrote: You'll find a lot of information contained in the readme file.

Currently PseudoTV Live supports two methods for multi-room. Shared network folder "Centralized file location" or remote path (Auto Discovery) which accesses a hosted m3u/xmltv via your server instance of PseudoTV Live.

Before you can consider using Multi-Room your Kodi instances have to already be configured to use a centralized MySQL database and shared sources.xml with all paths network accessible. Information and links are found in the readme file.

Needless to say, your media server has to be accessible at all times! This is a good place to install Kodi and run an instance of PseudoTV Live as a server. You CAN NOT run headless, there are NO official headless Kodi builds, and even if there were. You would have no way of configuring PseudoTV Lives settings/channels via a headless option.

The server instance of PseudoTV Live will generate all files necessary for its clients and is best left running along with the media server to guarantee files are kept up to date. Keep in mind only the server instance of PseudoTV Live can configure channels, clients are dummy endpoints that handle playback and assist in configuring Kodi.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I got Kodi up and running in a VM on my NAS, so I'm using that as my PseudoTV Live server for now. So far, so good. I started looking into setting up a centralized MySQL database, but it seems to be working perfectly without it. Maybe because I am using all local metadata (NFOs) and all the media is on a separate machine from the PseudoTV Live server and clients?
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4