i´ve horizontal stripes when playing video
hey there
first of all, sorry for my english, it´s not the best
i´m running xbmc (acutal version, not SVN) on ubuntu hardy
normal tft form the laptop disabled and only tv out.
at first it runned fined, but i got the gnome panel´s from the desktop up and downside of the xbmc, so i didn´t had a really fullscreen.
after disabling the visual effects the fullscreen works.
but if i´m now watching a video i got two horizontal stripes flickering.
they´re looking like a lightning.
as is see they´re only there if i´m playing video.
i used the search but didn´t find anything for my problem.
sorry if i searched not correctly. hope you can help me.

if neccassary my tv out from my laptop is S-video and beyond is a converter to chinch.
in the menu etc are no problems, perfect picture.
hope you understand what i mean and hope that you can help me.
What card do you have and have you tried changing the vsync options? (defaults to off, but can be set to enabled during video playback or always enabled).
hey
i´ve got a nvidia geforce 6800 go (256mb of vram) /it´s a fujitsu siemens amilo m3438 notebook

you mean the vsync option that i can type in the device section at the xorg.conf?
here is my device section, maybe with something in it I normally do not need, but i got many problems to get the tv out working, now it´s working so i didn´t changed anything.
but where the panels were active, I didn´t got problems playing video. i got this since i turned the visual effects off...
however, my device section @ xorg.conf

Section "Device"
Identifier "Geforce 6800"
Driver "nvidia"
Option "NvAGP" "3"
Option "Digitalvibrance" "0"
Option "TransparentIndex" "0"
Option "CursorShadowalpha" "64"
Option "CursorShadowxoffse" "4"
Option "CursorShadowyoffset" "2"
Option "Twinview" "TRUE"
Option "TwinviewOrientation" "Clone"
Option "MetaModes" "800x600 , 800x600"
Option "ConnectedMonitor" "Tv"
Option "TvStandart" "PAL-B"
Option "TvOutFormat" "SVIDEO"

it´s ok that only the tv is running, i don´t want the laptop TFT running all the time and i need Pal because i live in Germany

hope you can help me now Smile
thx 4 answers Smile
In XBMC, head for Settings -> Appearance -> Screen and see what the "Vertical Blank Sync" option is set for.
thx, that´s it!

it was set to "always on"
tuned to "always off" and now it runs fine Smile
big thx
i should have looked in some options before posting that stupid question, sorry 4 that and thx again for the fast help
the DVDevenning (don know who to call in english) is saved Smile
me again
now i got a new problem -.-
video runs fine
but when i´m watching a video after 5-20minutes xbmc goes back to the "main menu"

no things happen before, it´s simply going back to main menu. got a tip for me how to fix this?

when i´m clicking on the video again it plays from start, but in option i selected "play from last position"
snaptec Wrote:me again
now i got a new problem -.-
video runs fine
but when i´m watching a video after 5-20minutes xbmc goes back to the "main menu"

no things happen before, it´s simply going back to main menu. got a tip for me how to fix this?

when i´m clicking on the video again it plays from start, but in option i selected "play from last position"

Is this specific to one video file or any? It sounds like a dodgy video file as much as anything else. Does the file behave in another player like MPlayer?
only tested with this file
it´s also not always at the same position where it stops
after 3 try´s i plugged my imac on and played it there

not tested with other players on the ubuntu machine

the file is stored on the imac
and the ubuntu notebook reads it over LAN, could that be a reason? maybe buffering problems? (but i think not, imac has gbit lan and the notebook has 100mbit lan)
it´s a normal movie, 700mb 90minutes divx 6.0, .avi container

i´ll see later if other video are also stopping, if not, why this one?
the imac played it fine with VLC player
You might also want to copy the file onto the local machine to rule out problems reading the file across the LAN. Buffering problems wouldn't cause the file to terminate early, just slow down and lag during playback. Although thinking about it, if the LAN connection was flaky/bouncing that might do (can't remember whether XBMC uses a stream on a single maintain connection or just grabs data with new connections as it needs the data).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
i´ve horizontal stripes when playing video0