How to handle genres
In my collection are some movies with German genres and some with English genres. This results in a cluttered genre view in Kodi. English entries have posters, German ones are just invisible entries. Now I could change all German genres to English in an external media manager but my scraper is set to German and I would have to this for every future movie. I can think of multiple ways to clean this, but I don’t know how to do it.

1. Tell Kodi that „Abenteuer“ and „Adventure“ are the same.
2. Tell Kodi to fetch German metadata but genres in English.
3. Create smart playlists for every genre that includes both languages. Then create a menu point that shows a view only of the smart playlists that represents genres.

Is any of these doable? How? Or any other way to clean the genre view?
Which skin are you using?

For example if you were using Aeon Nox Silvo on, say, Windows, you would go to C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeon.nox.silvo\extras\moviegenres\colored and you would find all your Genre posters there.

You would then find adventure.jpg, copy it and rename it to Abenteuer.jpg, restart Kodi, and now you have german posters in addition to the english posters.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-11-14, 12:21)Karellen Wrote: Which skin are you using?

Aeon Nox Silvo
post edited...
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-11-14, 12:26)Karellen Wrote: post edited...

Not an Option. This would result in two folders for almost every genre.
Well, that is part of the solution. If you want German genres, then you need to insert German named genre posters.

The other part of the solution requires you renaming the genres (as you already know). These are some of the ways to accomplish that.
1. Use Chorus2 and edit each genre
2. Export to nfo files and edit nfo files and Refresh back into library. That can be done in bulk with something like Notepad++
3. Use the new metadata add-on. It might allow bulk update, not sure... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=349035
4. If you know SQL, you could edit the database.
My Signature
(2019-11-14, 12:34)Karellen Wrote: Well, that is part of the solution. If you want German genres, then you need to insert German named genre posters.

The other part of the solution requires you renaming the genres (as you already know). These are some of the ways to accomplish that.
1. Use Chorus2 and edit each genre
2. Export to nfo files and edit nfo files and Refresh back into library. That can be done in bulk with something like Notepad++
3. Use the new metadata add-on. It might allow bulk update, not sure... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=349035
4. If you know SQL, you could edit the database.
My goal was not to have german genres but to have it cleaned. One entry for every genre (doesn't matter if german or english) and posters for every genre without the need to edit every single movie that gets added in the future.
No one any idea? How does everyone with non english metadata handle their genres?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to handle genres0