• 17(current)
Release TVDB - TV Show scraper (XML)
(2020-02-07, 03:46)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Can't scrape Picard again. Maybe Kodi doesn't want us to watch this show?

I have the same issue. The scraper mixed it up with the tv show “Das Boot”. Is there a chance to scrape it manually, like movies?
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

Intel NUC 4250U (Haswell) in Abel H2 chassis, Philips 55OLED804
(2020-03-05, 21:17)Ipaddle Wrote: Is there a chance to scrape it manually, like movies?
Yes, use a Parsing NFO file for the tv show (not the episodes)... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files#Parsing_nfo

Or select Refresh from the Information page and select the correct title.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Please support Vietnamese language
(2020-03-06, 08:52)Albano Wrote: Please support Vietnamese language

The TVDB site I don't think supports Vietnamese, so if it doesn't then the scraper won't be able to.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Is anyone else unable to scrape anything with thetvdb at the moment?  I seem to just be getting a load of "Failed: Timeout was reached(28)" and "ADDON::CScraper::Run: Unable to parse web site".  I'll get a full log uploaded later but was just checking to see if it's just me.
@beeswax

yes tvdb are experiencing issues like the good old days
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-03-11, 22:56)Karellen Wrote: @beeswax

yes tvdb are experiencing issues like the good old days
Thanks for the info Karellan, I was just about to come on asking the same question as beeswax Smile

Do you have any idea if they're messing about with the api again (I couldn't see any mention on their forum but that's pretty much like my pantry at the moment, bare...) or is it just general issues?
(2020-03-12, 12:53)Mnementh Wrote: Do you have any idea if they're messing about with the api again
I think it is just a general failure somewhere... https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php...60#p172460
My Signature
I notice lots of episodes scanning in with no episode title etc
If I refresh that episode, then it will show.

Lots of timeouts in log so I suspect this is due to problems with their api as well
(2020-03-12, 22:06)matthuisman Wrote: Lots of timeouts in log so I suspect this is due to problems with their api as well
TVDB have just posted that it has been fixed... https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php...23#p172523
My Signature
(2020-03-12, 22:20)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-03-12, 22:06)matthuisman Wrote: Lots of timeouts in log so I suspect this is due to problems with their api as well
TVDB have just posted that it has been fixed... https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php...23#p172523 
I've had it with TVDB. I switched to the TMDB/TV scraper.
(2020-03-13, 03:32)thewarm Wrote: I've had it with TVDB. I switched to the TMDB/TV scraper.

I tried TMDB, but there were soooooo many missing and or incomplete shows on there I had to switch back.
(2020-03-12, 22:20)Karellen Wrote:
Still seems broken to me, doing a refresh on the files that failed scanning before still times out with no results found.
Still not working, but it really has nothing to do with Kodi, it's entirely on the TVDB's api side.  They are having trouble with retrieving content that is not cached.

I would suggest checking their forums and holding off until it looks properly fixed, because I ran an update this morning, and it made quite a mess of my library.  Some shows just simply timed out and didn't update at all.  Some new shows put an empty show entry into the database with no episodes so are hidden with normal settings and you have to turn on "show empty shows" or whatever the setting is and hunt them down to clean them out.  Other shows updated a few episodes properly,  while some of the episodes timed out and entered the episode as a "blank', IE, the episode number shows up in the show list but with no info.  These also need to be hunted down manually to delete and rescan later when the TVDB api is working and can populate the data correctly.

Took me an hour to clean up this mess this morning.  I won't be rescanning anything until it's confirmed fixed 100%.

Cheers
TRJB
Ya got me. I had to try TVDB again. It IS still broken.

I switched back to TMDB for TV Shows......
It works, but I get 100% all the time while scanning (since updating Kodi to 18.6) ?
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB - TV Show scraper (XML)1