Intel 8th gen NUC without frame stutters - how?
OK. I'm a long time kodi user. I work in broadcast a/v so understand (and am very susceptible) to incorrect frame rates. I have 2 (actually 4 in total) kodi boxes. An old shuttle 35GTv2 Nvidia based box and an i3 8th Gen Intel NUC box. They drive an old (but capable) Pioneer PDP. Both run Ubuntu 18.04 plus the standard install of kodi from the ppa. Both are set "identically" in terms of switching frame rates etc... The Shuttle box works flawlessly. The i3 box has problems with frames that are either skipped or played out of order (I'm not sure which just yet). The frame drop/skip/reversal happens once every 5-10 seconds, I can't watch the i3 box, evern though it should be the "better" box.  Most of the stuff I play is 23.98 but xrandr/kodi.log says the box is playing at the correct frame rate.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on here? Settings are to change freq. on start/stop, 23.98 is enabled. Hardware VAAPI decode (although I have tried s/w decode). Using Obiaf's drivers (and the standard 18.04) and still the same. Any ideas?

Messages In This Thread
Intel 8th gen NUC without frame stutters - how? - by arad85 - 2019-12-03, 03:07
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel 8th gen NUC without frame stutters - how?0