v18 Sound Delay on Shield 2017
Hello folks

I have some issues with Kodi for a while, I have a sound delay on some of my videos (not all of them).
Sometimes a video will have a +200ms delay, while another video will have a +0ms delay

I have to specify that this problem do not occur on my PC kodi version.

I run Kodi 18.5 on a Shield TV 2017, with sound passthrough to my Yamaha AVR. If someone knows a solution to my problem.

Thanks
No one can help you without a Debug Log
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2019-12-07, 00:10)fritsch Wrote: No one can help you without a Debug Log

https://paste.kodi.tv/oqeriwekud.kodi

this is the log file from a video with delayed sound on my Shield TV
Two things:

a) Please disable "Adjust Refreshrate to match video" 
b) Disable passthrough

Everything okay with those? This is not a permament solution and not meant as such, but Leia has certain issues with Refreshrate Switching (especially on the shield and its broken hdmi_plug implementation), which is meant to be fixed in 18.6 - PR is already existent. And second change: syncing PCM is far more easy than Passthrough, so let's see.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2019-12-07, 09:20)fritsch Wrote: Two things:

a) Please disable "Adjust Refreshrate to match video" 
b) Disable passthrough

Everything okay with those? This is not a permament solution and not meant as such, but Leia has certain issues with Refreshrate Switching (especially on the shield and its broken hdmi_plug implementation), which is meant to be fixed in 18.6 - PR is already existent. And second change: syncing PCM is far more easy than Passthrough, so let's see.

I guess it was passthrough wich cause the trouble
When I disable passthrough sound is not delayed anymore.
I figured out that the issue is concerning DD+ tracks from HBO and D+. DTS HD or Dolby TrueHD are not concerned.

a) Do you have an idea why just DD+ tracks are concerned with this issue?
b) Is PCM keeping the same bitrate? I would like to enjoy sound with my Home Theater as much as possible.
c) Should I try to get the nightly version of Leia 18.6?
a) No idea - I'd need a sample
b) Yes, even in multi-channel. Make a blind test with your family.
c) Nope, most code won't be merged into Leia as it's too intrusive - that would then be nightly only for you.
(2019-12-07, 19:51)fritsch Wrote: a) No idea - I'd need a sample
b) Yes, even in multi-channel. Make a blind test with your family.
c) Nope, most code won't be merged into Leia as it's too intrusive - that would then be nightly only for you.

I also have a 200ms delay in many videos. Could you send me a nightly version with the problem fixed for me? Thank you.
Every nightly.
(2019-12-14, 18:11)fritsch Wrote: Every nightly.

You mean that in all nightly of leia the problem of delay is solved? For nvidia shield is arm or arm64?
No - It won't be fixed in Leia, because of old workarounds for non-standard devices.
(2019-12-14, 22:28)fritsch Wrote: No - It won't be fixed in Leia, because of old workarounds for non-standard devices.
When will it be fixed? What do you mean when you say this: "which is meant to be fixed in 18.6 - PR is already existent"?
(2019-12-14, 23:10)david86bcn Wrote: What do you mean when you say this: "which is meant to be fixed in 18.6 - PR is already existent"?
Kodi 18.6 will be the next stable release.
Fix for the problem is in the making.
Two different things here:
a) Refreshrate switching delay will be solved by: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16989 if you set an appropriate timer value, e.g. 3, 4, 5 seconds in kodi settings
b) The delay in general when doing playback will only be fixed when the TimeStamp API implementation is included - and that's not the case for Leia.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound Delay on Shield 20170