Progressive TV Show covers
Hi everyone,

While looking through my Doctor Who, Star Trek TNG, and Crown series picking a series cover, I was thinking it would be really cool to have covers that automatically change based on my progress in the series.

For example, Doctor Who (2005) has the 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, and now 13th Doctor.  If I'm watching the episode 'Rose', I'm in season 1, so it would show a series cover with Chris Eccleston.  If it's season 2, it'd be a cover with David Tennant and Billie Piper.  If I'm watching season 4, it'd be a cover with Katherine Tate and David Tennant, and so on.  Same with TNG.  A cover with the season 1 cast/uniforms if I'm watching Encounter at Farpoint, but one with the season 3-7 cast if I'm watching something like Relics or Masks.  I don't want to have the season covers as series covers, but covers that change based on how far I've watched into the series.

Is that possible in Kodi right now?
(2019-12-06, 20:34)JJohnson Wrote: it would be really cool to have covers that automatically change
Of course it's possible, Kodi is open source and depending on your skill level anything is possible. I'm a little unsure if this kind of thing is implemented in any of the skins but I have seen some amazing work and suggest you browse some of the forums for non-standard skins, you might get lucky. OTH if you want this treatment to be embedded in Kodi or a skin option, the best recommendation is to post in the 'Feature Requests' forum and see if there's enough like minded people that would interest someone or even yourself with coding skills and in that spirit I move this post.

I do note that Kodi supports animated gif posters, and as we know gif animation frame can be timed, might be something to look at. https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Progressive TV Show covers0