• 42(current)
Release Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Windows API (merged)
Hi all again!
So my NUC8i3BEK arrived. I installed windows and the latest drivers. Installed this Kodi version too.
But I don't find the follow settings:
TV:
Color space: Auto detection
HDMI video range: Auto detection
HDR mode: Auto detection
None of them. My tv is the LG 75UM7110PLB
Another missing settings:
GRAPHICS CARD CONTROL PANEL:
Color space: RGB 8bit   (driver auto-switch 10 or 12 bit when is output HDR10 signal)
Signal range:  0-255  (full range)
My igp is Iris Plus 655. I download the intel graphical center from the MS store. But do not find these.
And the last thing is the automatic HDR in Kodi working only when it switch on. But after stop the movie do not switch off automatically.
BTW it seems the HDR good. I tested it with 1080p HDR and 4K HDR too, but for example there is a HFR UHD Remux with more than 80K bitrate is flickering the picture like hell and made lot of dropped frames. Maybe the NUC too "small" for that job or maybe the movie coding have some problems idk.
Thank you for the helps!
(2020-03-13, 19:57)xtend Wrote: Hi all again!
So my NUC8i3BEK arrived. I installed windows and the latest drivers. Installed this Kodi version too.
TV:
Color space: RGB 8bit   (driver auto-switch 10 or 12 bit when is output HDR10 signal)
My igp is Iris Plus 655. I download the intel graphical center from the MS store. But do not find these.
And the last thing is the automatic HDR in Kodi working only when it switch on. But after stop the movie do not switch off automatically.
BTW it seems the HDR good. I tested it with 1080p HDR and 4K HDR too, but for example there is a HFR UHD Remux with more than 80K bitrate is flickering the picture like hell and made lot of dropped frames. Maybe the NUC too "small" for that job or maybe the movie coding have some problems idk.
Thank you for the helps!

The settings should be in your TV menu and your GPU config on the PC, usually easy to find.
The only setting in Kodi is "use limited colorspace" under System video config

Since TV movie/film content is ycbcr the most basic and universal setting a Uhd TV will understand is (considering HDMI video identification codes):

GPU to ycbcr 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 with 10bit at 50 or 60hz

For that also set Kodi colorspace to limited
So start with that.

If you want to use RGB go ahead, but if you only watch movies I would advice against it. The number of colorspace transformations is likely identical but HDMI handshakes often work best when output from PC is ycbcr and ycbcr is the native Colo space for all HDMI specification.

Try to avoid:
GPU FULL - KODI Full - TV full
as this will alter the video content by expanding colorspace and introduces artifacts - this is well known and also stated by the Kodi wiki - I don't know why jogal advices this in post #1 as it's completely wrong if you want high quality video on a Uhd HDR TV.
https://github.com/yeahme49/xbmc/release....0-AutoHDR

I changed use hdr capabilities to an option, on start/stop will enable HDR on video start and switch back to SDR afterwards. I'm not a C++ programmer so my changes may not be the best way to implement this, but it works well enough for me. I tested with the youtube plugin watching HDR videos and EmbyCon to play HDR movies. Feel free to try it out if you'd like.
(2020-03-14, 00:04)yeahme49 Wrote: https://github.com/yeahme49/xbmc/release....0-AutoHDR

I changed use hdr capabilities to an option, on start/stop will enable HDR on video start and switch back to SDR afterwards. I'm not a C++ programmer so my changes may not be the best way to implement this, but it works well enough for me. I tested with the youtube plugin watching HDR videos and EmbyCon to play HDR movies. Feel free to try it out if you'd like.
Cool!
(2020-03-14, 00:04)yeahme49 Wrote: https://github.com/yeahme49/xbmc/release....0-AutoHDR

Tested on a few files so far, but it seems to be working so far.
With this and the opensubtitles addon reworked I actually switched over to python 3 completely.

For an alpha1 stage program it works great 😃
(2020-03-13, 21:10)ichkriegediekri Wrote:
TV:
Thank you for the helps!

The settings should be in your TV menu and your GPU config on the PC, usually easy to find.

Since TV movie/film content is ycbcr the most basic and universal setting a Uhd TV will understand is (considering HDMI video identification codes):

So start with that.

If you want to use RGB go ahead, but if you only watch movies I would advice against it. The number of colorspace transformations is likely identical but HDMI handshakes often work best when output from PC is ycbcr and ycbcr is the native Colo space for all HDMI specification.

Try to avoid:
as this will alter the video content by expanding colorspace and introduces artifacts - this is well known and also stated by the Kodi wiki - I don't know why jogal advices this in post #1 as it's completely wrong if you want high quality video on a Uhd HDR TV.  
Interesting as on my UHD HDR TV i only watch movies 2160p and 1080p remux and the media info does mention limited color output also 

2160p HDR for example,

Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth : 10 bits
(2020-03-14, 11:49)kikassridec2 Wrote:
(2020-03-13, 21:10)ichkriegediekri Wrote:
TV:
Thank you for the helps!

So start with that.

Try to avoid:
Interesting as on my UHD HDR TV i only watch movies 2160p and 1080p remux and the media info does mention limited color output also 

2160p HDR for example,

Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth : 10 bits

That's the standard format for any HD or UHD video nowadays for 8 or 10bit.
The graphics card can either output this via ycbcr according to hdmi specs or in the pc rgb colorspace.
It's up to you how to set it up.
AMD GPUs automatically switch to ycbcr when connected to HDMI as this is the standard.
There are literally 10 or 20 posts on this thread about it [emoji6]
Will this fork support the -p (portable) flag?
@rd1979 

Yes, work ok in portable too.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Version 3.2.1
Updated at 14-03-2020 (forked from Kodi 19 alpha master).

Updated with latest master branch commits.
No changes in HDR code.

https://github.com/thexai/xbmc/releases
TV:
Thank you for the helps!

You'll better buy an Odroid-N2.. with Core Elec. Its actually the ONLY Platform Kodi (and all Functions) works as it sould and in super High Speed. (Including HDR, and real HLG and perfect HDR to SDR conversation if needed)

Sadly i cant use the N2 since i need Equalizer APO witch is only runing on Windows
Quote:BTW it seems the HDR good. I tested it with 1080p HDR and 4K HDR too, but for example there is a HFR UHD Remux with more than 80K bitrate is flickering the picture like hell and made lot of dropped frames. Maybe the NUC too "small" for that job or maybe the movie coding have some problems idk.

I also have Intel NUC8i3BEK and works perfectly with HEVC 4K 60 fps. No frame drops. Tested with "Gemmi Man" remux 80 - 90 Mbps bitrate or more.

Check DXVA2 setting (HEVC HW decoding) is ON.

Also other recommended settings specified in the first post. Included RGB 8 bit Full Full Full, etc.

It is "curious" that the user is recommending YCbCr does not have the HW (Intel NUC) and is not using this fork. All it says is "noise".
After my old kodi DSPlayer and madVR setup died along with my old hard drive, i installed windows anew on a new ssd, installed the fandango hdr port only to realize it was abandoned and uninstalled it, removed the old settings folder, and installed the latest version of this , KodiSetup-20200313-945e6f2f-Windows-HDR-v3.2.1-x64 . 

I can not find the "Use HDR capabilities" setting anywhere, and whenever i press F11 a dialog window opens about browsing for subtitles. HDR is not enabled automatically.

This is the same system that was working with madvr, windows 10 1909, intel i7-2700k, nvidia 1050ti. 

Ive ran keyboard testing apps, and it is working. I even modified the keyboard.xml (i know, not supposed to) to change the HDR toggle to F12 and then that brings up the browse for subtitles dialog.

What am i doing wrong?
Any update regarding getting Emby to work with this? I have been using the DSplayer version of Kodi but want to use this built but cannot as my whole library is in Emby. Thanks

Update:
Just tried testing the built and could not get it work. 
- I am unable to set RGB --> Full as when I do that everything turns to pink. For whatever reason my projector does not like it. I'm using Nvidia GTX 1050.
- I am using YCbCr422 with Limited and that seems to work fine with other players including Kodi with Dsplayer/MadVR
- When I play a video in Kodi, I loose signal and nothing shows up and after sometimes Kodi crashes and exists. That brings the image on the projector back.
(2020-03-17, 08:07)ajamils Wrote: Any update regarding getting Emby to work with this? I have been using the DSplayer version of Kodi but want to use this built but cannot as my whole library is in Emby. Thanks

Update:
Just tried testing the built and could not get it work. 
- I am unable to set RGB --> Full as when I do that everything turns to pink. For whatever reason my projector does not like it. I'm using Nvidia GTX 1050.
- I am using YCbCr422 with Limited and that seems to work fine with other players including Kodi with Dsplayer/MadVR
- When I play a video in Kodi, I loose signal and nothing shows up and after sometimes Kodi crashes and exists. That brings the image on the projector back.

On occasion i too get sound but blank screen for maybe 5-10 seconds then sometimes freeze and exit back to desktop.
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Windows API (merged)2