Android Sony TV XG8396 Frame Drop
Video 
Hi all,

My Sony TV 43-XG8396 is dropping frames when I watch movies from external hard drive the playback is not 100% smooth, no matter which player I'm using KODI, VLC, MX Player, also Netflix and YouTube does the same thing. It's not a pattern, sometime it's working 3-4 minutes with no drop and sometime in 20 seconds drops 3-4 times. Doesn't matter if motionflow is on or off, but off is more hard to notice.
Another issues is that with aspect ratio 2.4 1 motionflow is not working at all.
I don't understand why tv channels, my google chromecast 3 and my laptop connected through HDMI is 100% smooth. I did the update to oreo, but nougat had same problems.
I have a Samsung 7122 from 2018 and I don't have any of the above issues.
I don't understand how a brand like SONY could release such a TV with to many flaws. To bad I cannot return it.
I know is not related to KODI, but maybe someone knows how to solve this issues or somehow can be solved with an addon.
I want to buy a tv box with 4k 60 hz , but i don't know if will work.
In the past two weeks I spent hours of reading threads with same issues but no one seams to have a solution, sorry for creating another thread but those were kind of old, maybe meanwhile someone solve this.
Frame drops can be down to settings in the Kodi GUI, as in "Adjust display refresh rate" and/or "Sync playback to display". The first one should be on, the second one is a YMMV option: if it works for you, use it. Screen tearing (if that is what you call motion flow) is a different problem.
Adjust display refresh rate was set to always . I called this frame drop because i dont know how to name it but its like you are playing a game and fps are dropping from 60 to 30 for a milisecond . I will find a way to post a video in slow motion to see what i mean.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony TV XG8396 Frame Drop0