Add main menu Item in estuary 2
I want to add a main menu item called anime then add a source pointing to my nas share that has all of my anime in it. When I open it I want it to show the contents of the share and scrape them as well.
Thread moved to Estuary skin support section
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Jst in case my question wasn't too clear(I don't know how to edit). Basically I want my anime seperate from my tv shows and to be able to be scraped seperately too.
(2019-12-18, 21:43)majorkuso Wrote: I want to add a main menu item called anime then add a source pointing to my nas share that has all of my anime in it. When I open it I want it to show the contents of the share and scrape them as well.

and what's your problem? they don't play them right??
They play them fine, however I would like to keep them separate from the tv shows. I would like to have an anime menu item that only has the anime in it similar to how movies would be movies and tv shows would be just the tv shows.
Is there a way to do this?
you would need to make a smart play list for movies removing anime then link to movies menu
anime would be a smart playlist linked to a menu
home.xml
for movies replace onclick with just 1 link
xml:
<item>
                            <label>$LOCALIZE[342]</label>
                            <onclick condition="Library.HasContent(movies) + Skin.HasSetting(home_no_categories_widget)">ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://movies/,return)</onclick>
                            <onclick condition="Library.HasContent(movies) + !Skin.HasSetting(home_no_categories_widget)">ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://movies/titles/,return)</onclick>
                            <onclick condition="!Library.HasContent(movies)">ActivateWindow(Videos,sources://video/,return)</onclick>
                            <property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[5000]</property>
                            <thumb>icons/sidemenu/movies.png</thumb>
                            <property name="id">movies</property>
                            <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMovieButton)</visible>
                        </item>
make smart play lists and when ready 
xml:
<item>
                            <label></label> name
                            <onclick></onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;special://profile/playlists/video/inprogress_movies.xsp&quot;,return)
                            <property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[21000]</property>
                            <thumb>icons/sidemenu/disc.png</thumb>
                            <property name="id">disc</property>
                            <visible></visible>
                        </item>
inprogress_movies replace with your playlists
There are so many threads and Google search results of people looking for answers to this question.  Why doesn't Estuary include the ability to add items to the main menu when just about every skin does?  This is such a basic feature, and it seems like it was excluded on purpose for some reason.
(2020-01-29, 08:43)Knocks Wrote: There are so many threads and Google search results of people looking for answers to this question.  Why doesn't Estuary include the ability to add items to the main menu when just about every skin does?  This is such a basic feature, and it seems like it was excluded on purpose for some reason.

The skins that allow this mostly depend on script.skinshortcuts and sometimes other ancillary libraries.  I can't speak for the developers of Estuary, but I suspect they prefer not to have dependencies like that.  There's also a performance hit if I understand correctly.

That said, I want custom menu items too. Wink
https://kodi.wiki/view/Estuary_Modification
(2020-01-29, 10:33)antisuck Wrote: The skins that allow this mostly depend on script.skinshortcuts and sometimes other ancillary libraries.  I can't speak for the developers of Estuary, but I suspect they prefer not to have dependencies like that.  There's also a performance hit if I understand correctly.

If that's the case, then the Kodi skinning engine needs to be overhauled.  Placing a shortcut should not require dependencies or impose any performance penalty at all.  If properly implemented, this would only require a few bytes of data.
The skins that allow this mostly depend on script.skinshortcuts and sometimes other ancillary libraries.
  I can't speak for the developers of Estuary, but I suspect they prefer not to have dependencies like that. 
There's also a performance hit if I understand correctly.

That said, I want custom menu items too. Wink 
[/quote]

not so sure in that it may be as you add pages it may slow down i have been trying to get it to work on estuary got stuck and had to copy some files from Estuary mod at this time it runs way faster then Estuary mod

I want custom menu items too https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=345420
custom menu items home search 5 programmable 5 widgets per page
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=350044

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add main menu Item in estuary 20