• 25(current)
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Discussion Thread (no bug reports or support enquiries)
With a guide you could just tell people to RTFM, though. Smile Perhaps you should just make a single page on your site with frequently asked questions. I'm sure a user would be up for putting together the questions and answers, since it's an excellent way for someone to get involved without needing programming/design experience.
hows about this one?

Man all these posts are making me jones for an update. I think I'm a full blown Aeon junkie. Smile All great stuff
if you insist on changing the splashscreen that I rather see the AEON logo then the small "Powerd by XBMC" logo in a corner or something.
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfile...p_id=87054
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hi there. I am new on this forum, but old XBMC user. I've used 2 skins in My life. PM3 and now, aEON. But now i am testing aEON to use it as the central Media Controler on a future MacMini Media Center on my living.

BTW: Aeon is astonish ! :) So, i would like to help the team in ANY way to improve the interface more and more. It's a very nice skin and have a GREAT future for sure ! But i know that's things could be improved more, course.

I am a Graphic/3D Artist/Art Director and 3D Generalist for about 12yrs. And would like to offer my work to improve anything i can. :)

Now i am testing AEON and PLEX on a MacBook PRO, and i have some sugestions to it. I don't if they are bugs or what but i would like to report some stuff...

1- Using aEon with mouse, on POSTER form of viewing the Movies section i have a bug problem. When i move the mouse left or right the movie posters just became CRAZY, cicling and sliding in a FRENETIC speed. If i have a few movies on the director is very anoying to browse then in POSTER view, cause aEON do a "Loop" on the posters replicating then ad eternum so, if i have 2 posters for instance and move the mouse the screen became VERY crazy, with a fast scroll and i became lost. So, i think this is an strange behavior. How about to have an option to turn the replication loop, OFF on the skin settings ? Or even have a little GAP, to know when the movie posters end and starts again in a poster loop ? Maybe a KERNING parameter to put more spaces between the movie posters could be nice too...

2 - There a BUG on the "Info bar" on the botton of the screen. Sometime i put a Auto-Check for movie information on a folder and the the info bar slide up, then it became locked there, sometimes forever...And then when i use any other thing that calls another info-bar, it slide up over the old one, but both have transparency, so i have to botton bars one over another, and the text is impossible to read...
How about to do a "tab" navigator for that info bars, os just a way to stack-up bars, with a limit like 3, or 4 stacked bars... ? And a "X" to close an bar /info tab... ?

3 - The Wall View Mode looks strange for me. It's not CENTERED. is it a bug ? Or the way it's designed ? I tried it and the selected CD is always moved to the left of the screen. Anoying. :(

3a - My Aeon/Plex is not taking the already embeded ARTWORKS on the Mp3 files. I have to use the "MIDIA INFO" to take new thumbs for every album. :(

4 - The way the main menu works is confusing... yesterday i've realised that putting ARROW UP and DOW the menu just changes. But it's a very strange change, cause thre's no "sliding" movement. I would like to sugest a slight slide movement to up and down and then the old bar goes transparent and the new one apear with a fast slide, just enough to shows that you are on a different menu on up or down...

Take a luck on a mock-ups of some sugestions about the main menus : (subtle arrows on the right corner, just to tell that you are able to move up and down). I know that much stuff are buggy to do, like menu animations, but i guess that's mandatory to have any indication that we can change the menu layout moving up and down, and to have any indication of that movement and position on menu.... It's very confusing to change from the main manu to the config menu cause both has similar contents (video, images, etc...) Maybe the config strip could have a little GEAR on the right corner...An icon on any place of the screen. Something. :)
Don't take any of that serious. They are just ideas sugestions...

Little icon bar. Quite polemic (cause its cluttering stuff on a clean interface...)

Anyway. I am open to work helping with graphics for that skin.
Duncan,
If you want, I can mirror or host the backdrops and posters for you (it's the same server that hosts XBMC BlackMarket Project, {a so far unreleased} Mirror to TheTVDB, and MovieBackDrops.com)

I can either set up a basic photo gallery site with the different categories for the backdrops and posters or give you FTP access so you can create your own site. As it's been mentioned about MBD, the upload speed isn't all that great because of the quanity of traffic, but the download speed is great.

Later
AJ
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Quote:4 - The way the main menu works is confusing... yesterday i've realised that putting ARROW UP and DOW the menu just changes. But it's a very strange change, cause thre's no "sliding" movement. I would like to sugest a slight slide movement to up and down and then the old bar goes transparent and the new one apear with a fast slide, just enough to shows that you are on a different menu on up or down...

This is probably because you're using the same backdrop. This doesn't become too much of a problem if you use a consistent 'Settings' backdrop.
Good advise ! Smile Thanks !

i will change the backdrop for settings. But i hope a little movement on the menu just to mention that you are going up and dow on menus, i guess it works better as a ui, mainly if you have a slide movement when pushing left and righ and nothing moving up and down...
marcelosouza Wrote:Good advise ! Smile Thanks !

i will change the backdrop for settings. But i hope a little movement on the menu just to mention that you are going up and dow on menus, i guess it works better as a ui, mainly if you have a slide movement when pushing left and righ and nothing moving up and down...

i like your background highlight effect... but just definitely not on this skin.
I agree. These are not sugestions to implement, are just "concept ideas" to test how could the selected menu be more relevant to the eyes. The " blurred" menu behind the main strip don't exist, i was trying to give the idea of a little bar movement up and down indicating the movement of the menu bar.
Next time i do a animated mocap using After Effects. lol. Smile
marcelosouza Wrote:Good advise ! Smile Thanks !

i love the new design ideas... i hope DJH and u colloborate... should make the skin an even better place to hang when ur bored... good work...
Hey DJH, I was thinking I don't know if this is something you planned on, but could we gwt a screen similar to the system info screen in XMBC project mayham III skin, which would tells us ram usage, DVD drive, Cpu usage ect. It would be helpfull.

Keep up the great work!
ibejaminben Wrote:Hey DJH, I was thinking I don't know if this is something you planned on, but could we gwt a screen similar to the system info screen in XBMC project mayham III skin, which would tells us ram usage, DVD drive, Cpu usage ect. It would be helpfull.

Keep up the great work!

I'm pretty sure that's what he's done with "CORE" when you press down at the main menu...

That looks really nice. I like the subtle changes. The light blue should be white or grey though so it does not stick out so much.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
Are you planning on incorporating color themes of some kind? It'd be tricky, but I think if you had some way of making it so that the skin could change color with the backdrops...well, that'd be pretty cool. Prolly pretty memory-intensive tho.

New changes look really cool tho. Is this available for download yet?
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Discussion Thread (no bug reports or support enquiries)6