• 7(current)
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Bug report thread
Couple of little bugs -

Fading in music info for plasma screens no longer works.

Both vignette options have the opposite effect. ie enabling them actually disables them.
Custom backdrops are not showing for me. PNG/JPG alike. The default "grass" works perfectly. But if I change the source directory to anything, I just get the black texture. And if I attempt to change the static background image (set it to a particular one) by unsetting, then setting it to some random image, it just displays the grass still.
Ryuzaki Wrote:Custom backdrops are not showing for me. PNG/JPG alike. The default "grass" works perfectly. But if I change the source directory to anything, I just get the black texture. And if I attempt to change the static background image (set it to a particular one) by unsetting, then setting it to some random image, it just displays the grass still.

I am having the exact same problem as Ryuzaki. This occurred with 13b/c using the lastest SVN build on Ubuntu 8.04 Linux.
Didn't someone say this was fixed in the latest build?
djh_ Wrote:Didn't someone say this was fixed in the latest build?

Folders are but single images aren't.
Quote:#1. When looking at tv episodes, it in showcase mode, the episode thumbnails now show properly (4:3 aspect ratio instead of poster shaped) this is nice. but when i select an episode it zooms in but the thumbnail is now missing.

Same here on both Xbox and latest Win32 build.

The funny thing is if you look closely the reflection shows up.

Quote:#2. Fanart doesn't seem to work at all. Not in library mode, not in file mode, nothing. I know it downloads the fanart, if i click the info button and click the fan art menu i can browse them. but they never show up as backgrounds.

Works just fine here - have you enabled it in the AEON options?

Yes it's enabled but still not working, and yes i've tested it in library mode for tv shows, with both files locally stored and files on smb shares, but neither work.

Quote:#3 when try to get thumbnails for tv shows (using the info button and then clicking on the thumbnail button.) all it pulls down are the banner images, but none of the posters. so when i look at the library or files, the images are really squished and really it only looks ok in banner mode.
(is there a way to download the poster files manually?)

Yes, get them directly from TVDB and save them in the shows folder as 'folder.jpg'.
Ok i did this manually (pain in the arse) but now everything looks great. Thanks

Quote:#4 Backgrounds in contained in the movie directories like moviefilename-fanart.jpg don't appear to work either (at least not via smb i haven't tried local files though). By the way should the filename-fanart.jpg file work for file mode of tv files as well, or will that only work in movies in the file mode. (also is there a good place to get movie fanart like how thetvdb.com has them.)

Fanart only works in TV Shows at the moment on the Xbox and then only in Library mode.

See above

Quote:Also is there a way to have a section default to library instead of file view?

Once you change it Library it'll stay in that mode until you change it back to Files.

Ok this isn't working either. if i switch to library mode, then i exit, then i re-enter the section (say tv shows) it switches back to file mode.

Oh and one more thing, I have a show in tv shows that isn't in tvdb and so after the scan it doesn't appear in the library, is there anyway to get around this? (the show by the way is Doctor Horrible's Singalong Blog (web show technically, but awesome if you haven't seen it))

-D
Competes2win Wrote:I can indeed confirm that 'plex' crashes in aeon while trying to change fanart for a tv show. However, Pm3 does not crash.

Fixed in the next release.
Just one thing... when u check the movie info and the context menu pops up... if u exit it... u automatically return to the first item in the list... just thought i'd let u know!
I'm aware of that. Not sure how to fix it yet, though.
elan Wrote:Fixed in the next release.

good news. good work. thanks.
cool cool... never like reporting bugs... but that ain't a bug... so, it's cool... not that important!
I get the black background when setting a custom background or setting a background folder (BMP files from backpack). I don't see anything in the debug logs about even trying to load an image, so I'm a bit confused. Any pointers?
elan: For folders at least it's fixed in SVN - you need 14499/500.

No idea about single picture backgrounds - until I know that the bug isn't in Aeon I don't have time to hunt it down.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:elan: For folders at least it's fixed in SVN - you need 14499/500.

No idea about single picture backgrounds - until I know that the bug isn't in Aeon I don't have time to hunt it down.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Jonathan - I've tried it with Back-Row and it's the same so it's not just AEON.
I'll ask Jezz_X for confirmation today. I hate digging in to skins I'm not familiar with and finding out it's not my fault Wink

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Bug report thread0