Kodi crashes after approx. 10 minutes
Hello,

since today Kodi started crashing after approximately 10 minutes. I have no idea what causes it, but here's a file (with hopefully enough relevant information).

*links removed, more links below*

I should mention that this happens when idle and even when watching a video.

If someone can help me out, that would be great.
Thanks in advance!
(2020-01-19, 20:25)mark_dj Wrote: If someone can help me out, that would be great.

Support on this forum will only be provided to Kodi setups that have no hint of video piracy add-ons whatsoever.
Unfortunately yours is not one of them. Such add-ons are known to disrupt Kodi core functionality.

So either completely clean up your setup, or find your support elsewhere. The choice is yours.
And which add-on would that be then? I only use Emby and Kodi itself.
(2020-01-19, 21:18)mark_dj Wrote: And which add-on would that be then?

2020-01-19 19:00:37.734 T:22532 NOTICE: ADDON: repository.urepo v1.0.2 installed

and whatever script/module installations are derived from it.
I've removed the add-on so I think it should be clean now. Anyway, here's a new log:

https://filebin.net/fscdqdqx57yixlkn/kod...t=8i8y2vqb (sorry, it's HUGE)

It still crashes. I've already reset the Shield and Kodi but without success. Around 7-8 minutes it starts to crash, no matter what.
Here's a smaller one: https://filebin.net/fpfaazlwb8l8ddm2/kod...t=m49mi1uv
this started today for me as well.  sometimes more than 10 min, sometimes less.  basically just completely random.   it doesn't necessarily crash, it just stops whatever is playing all together.  is that what yours is doing stopping playback or actually crashing/force closing?
Mine is crashing Kodi entirely every time and then boots me back to the Shield main menu. And the last 5 times it happened it took around 7-8 minutes so I imagine it was the same number before that as well. It's quite consistent in its crashing.
I've no idea what causes it because I've literally copied the Kodi directory from my other Shield (which is working fine) and made some adjustments (name of Kodi and audio output, for example) but it still crashes.
Anyone?
Did you ever find a solution for this issue? My kodi install on shield has just started this crashing to shield desktop after 7-8 min.
Many thanks

quote="mark_dj" pid='2918027' dateline='1579583629']
Mine is crashing Kodi entirely every time and then boots me back to the Shield main menu. And the last 5 times it happened it took around 7-8 minutes so I imagine it was the same number before that as well. It's quite consistent in its crashing.
I've no idea what causes it because I've literally copied the Kodi directory from my other Shield (which is working fine) and made some adjustments (name of Kodi and audio output, for example) but it still crashes.
[/quote]
I have shield also, though have not seen it crash/freeze, I did notice an issue (which now seems to have clered up) with weather.gismeteo addon.

Logs show :

2021-04-23 13:04:01.127 T:24627   ERROR <general>: weather.gismeteo [v.0.5.2+matrix.1]: **** End diagnostic info ****
2021-04-23 13:04:01.145 T:24627   ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error

followed by a lot of lines of debug, looks related to a network/server issue on their end ( 'Connection broken: IncompleteRead(0 bytes read)' )

It has since fixed itself (apx 1:35 PST today).

If you have this addon and still having issues, try disabling it?
Hey guys, same issue here on my both Android tvs with kodi 18 or also updated to 19. But no sign of gismeteo in the logs before crash, but I have it installed.

Currently setting up all fresh and new without gismeteo and hoping all runs well.

Did removing gismeteo 100% fixes your issue?
Which weather provider is recommended?

Thx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashes after approx. 10 minutes0