Audio Settings Question
I have an OSMC Vero 4k running Leia 18.5.  I am trying to optimize the audio settings in Kodi.
The Vero is connected to my LG 4K tv and audio then goes from the TV down the ARC to my Onkyo reciever (configured 7.2.2).   Vero -> LGTV-> ARC-> Reciever.
If I set the Number of Channels in Kodi to 7.1 then for 4K movie playback I get only background audio and not dialog.  Setting the Channels back to 2 gets rid of that symptom and audio plays though all channels.  Can anyone tell me why that is, and what the optimal audio settings for my system are, please?
Number of channels relates to the raw bandwidth expressed as number of LPCM channels, thus ARC connections are limited to 2 channel LPCM audio the same as Optical/Coax SPDIF. If audio is DD5.1 or DTS5.1 then these are compressed formats making them much smaller than LPCM 5.1 would be, thus a connection that can handle only LPCM 2.0 can transmit DD/DTS 5.1. When it comes to the HD audio codecs then although these also compress the audio, it's not enough of a size reduction to fit over a LPCM 2.0 ARC connection, to get these you will still need to use HDMI directly to AVR to get full 7.1 bandwidth.
https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/connecting-u...ings/82441
Quote:This wiki article should cover all your general questions about how to connect up your OSMC device to get the best audio possible. There’s also a section with explanations of some of Kodi’s audio settings as well as information about the audio capabilities of our OSMC devices.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Settings Question0