NFO created files
I am not sure if this is the right category to post in, so sorry in advance. Anyway, I noticed today that all my movie and tv shows have NFO files all created on the Jan. 18, 2020 but I haven't added any new addons, so I am confused as to what addon could be creating this. I have not seen anything in my log file that points to the addon that is creating it. Can someone please point me in the right direction because I am so lost here.

Thanks in advance.

Shedrock
Did you run an Export Library by any chance?

Can you post one of your nfo files and I can check whether they were created by Kodi. Use Kodi Paste Site
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-01-25, 02:22)Karellen Wrote: Did you run an Export Library by any chance?

Can you post one of your nfo files and I can check whether they were created by Kodi. Use Kodi Paste Site
Here is an NFO file from one of my movies. I also just noticed that the folder dates have change to the same date as the NFO's.

https://paste.kodi.tv/icufemowaf
Ooh, definitely not Kodi. It's from a media manager.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-01-25, 02:36)Karellen Wrote: Ooh, definitely not Kodi. It's from a media manager.
I have only ever used TMM on my local PC and not my network, besides none of my data sources point to any of my network drives. Also, a media manager should not be able to change the folder creation date.
Sorry I don't know. All I know is that is not a Kodi generated nfo. Different structure and wrong tags that Kodi does not even use.
My Signature
This is really strange. I just literally saw one created for this movie. 300.Rise.Of.An.Empire.2014.1080p.BluRay.DTS-HD.MA.7.1.x264. I have added nothing to Kodi, only the updates like TheTVDB scraper, Embuary Helper and the Amber skin. This is really baffling me.
Every time an episode downloads, an NFO file is being created. This thing is driving me crazy because I have not added any addons to my setup. Does anyone know if there are any addons that create NFO files?

I just noticed that these files are being created "After" I watch the episodes.

(2020-01-27, 03:40)shedrock Wrote: Every time an episode downloads,
What is downloading the episodes?
My Signature
(2020-01-27, 03:53)Karellen Wrote: What is downloading the episodes? 
Sorry @Karellen - I meant to say every time I watch an episode an NFO is being created. For example, we just finished watching Grantchester and this is what was created:

Grantchester.S05E03.Episode.3.1080p.HDTV.nfo - Timestamp 1/26/2020 8:59pm
Maybe a log would help.

Do you have the new Metadata Editor by sualfred installed?
My Signature
(2020-01-27, 04:17)Karellen Wrote: Maybe a log would help.

Do you have the new Metadata Editor by sualfred installed?
Yes, I do actually. I will upload a log tomorrow. If I stop the current TV show my wife will go crazy. Big Grin
Check the settings for the Metadata Editor. Disable auto writing of nfo files.
My Signature
(2020-01-27, 04:37)Karellen Wrote: Check the settings for the Metadata Editor. Disable auto writing of nfo files.
Ok, thanks Karellen. I will definitely try that tomorrow when I get in from work.

Thanks,

Shedrock
Thank you very much for your help @Karellen. That was the problem.

Regards,

Shedrock

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFO created files0