Android Netflix add-on very slow
After having had so many issues with several add-ons after Kodi19 forcing Python 3, I stayed with 18.5 the past weeks/months. I installed again a nightly this weekend and could sort most of the issues of the past. One that is still there is that it now takes a very long time until add-ons are being started up. I am posting a log in which the Netflix add-on finished initializing after about a minute (up from several seconds in Kodi 18.5). According to the debug log, the Netflix add-on starts logging very late. So it looks like a Kodi issue, not invoking the add-on for a long time. Is anybody aware of this?

[LOG]
@CastagnaIT was kind enough and debugged the slowness with me, see respective issue. It looks like Python3 will have a tremendeous performance hit on some low specced CPUs.
I did another comparison with Netflix add-on 1.22.

Kodi 18.6

Netflix add-on startup: ~20s
First open Netflix: ~6s
First select account: ~2s
First open category 'New releases': 4s
First open category 'Netflix Originals': 4s

Kodi 19 nightly (20200510-20a70342-master-armeabi-v7a)

Netflix add-on startup: ~40s
First open Netflix: ~20s
First select account: ~6s
First open category 'New releases': 12s
First open category 'Netflix Originals': 12s

If this is what is to be expected from Kodi19/Py3, then this version will be unbearable for Android devices with slow SoC.
I'm experiencing the same with the EmbyCon video addon for Emby server on a Shield. And i wouldn't call the Shield a slow device.

Kodi 18.6

Open library categories: ~0s
Open movie library: ~3s

Kodi 19 Nightly

Open library categories: ~4s
Open movie library: ~14s

This makes it unusable on Android, especially with Kodi skins that make heavy use of homescreen widgets.
So this thread is now officially burried in the abandoned Android section of this forum.
@CiNcH

If you want the thread moved, just say so.
(2020-06-17, 20:13)CiNcH Wrote: So this thread is now officially burried in the abandoned Android section of this forum.

The Android section isn't abandoned per se. It may be a little slower than some though for the simple reason that we are acutely lacking in devs who are working on that platform.

However issues with regards to addons are always better raised in the support thread for the addon itself. For Netflix it is this thread.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
@peak3d probably found a solution, see here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix add-on very slow0