How Can I Copy and Paste Inside Kodi with Android Box
Is there a way to copy and paste inside Kodi. I am using an Android Box and not a computer. For example I would like add the URL to a text file, transfer the text file to my Android Box, then copy and paste the URL from the text file to the M3U Play List URL field. The URL is way too long for me see what I am typing in the field. Therefore a copy and paste technique will be ideal.
Thanks
You should be able to buy wireless keyboards and plug in the dongle to the box and it should work.
(2020-02-12, 18:10)Video Titles Wrote: You should be able to buy wireless keyboards and plug in the dongle to the box and it should work.
No this does not work as you are thinking. I am using a wireless and mouse keyboard combo and I can not find a way to copy something from and to the mouses clipboard. Remember this is not a computer. This must be done within Kodi somehow.
Are you using ctril c and ctril p to copy and paste? Sorry if that is a stupid question, I only have an android tablet now, and you would press and hold on the text so that it goes large and then paste. You might be able to do similar on a box, but all boxes are different, I used to have a shield.
(2020-02-12, 18:22)Video Titles Wrote: Are you using ctril c and ctril p to copy and paste? Sorry if that is a stupid question, I only have an android tablet now, and you would press and hold on the text so that it goes large and then paste. You might be able to do similar on a box, but all boxes are different, I used to have a shield.

yes those functions exist on my bluetooth keyboard. I also connected a regular USB keyboard But what you are not understanding is that "if" it works your "shield" box, it means your box has a processor that understands the function. Also this is not necessarily a function of the box, it is the app itself. I already tried cntrl+c function and it does not work.
On the android box running can you copy and paste outside of kodi?

If so, then it should work in kodi. If not then it won’t.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2020-02-12, 18:31)yum84yuk Wrote:
(2020-02-12, 18:22)Video Titles Wrote: Are you using ctril c and ctril p to copy and paste? Sorry if that is a stupid question, I only have an android tablet now, and you would press and hold on the text so that it goes large and then paste. You might be able to do similar on a box, but all boxes are different, I used to have a shield.

yes those functions exist on my bluetooth keyboard. I also connected a regular USB keyboard But what you are not understanding is that "if" it works your "shield" box, it means your box has a processor that understands the function. Also this is not necessarily a function of the box, it is the app itself. I already tried cntrl+c function and it does not work.

Update::: I received the solution to this problem.
1. Use the Backup Utility found in the repository.
Also before using the Backup Utility - one must first go to the Backup Settings and choose to backup everything.
2. Open Backup Utility
3. Open Settings
4. File Selection
5. Her slide the button to "On" for everything. This way you can make sure you will see the necessary folders that has the .xml file
6. Backup to USB or Network or wherever you want
7. Actual file path (not including the path at the beginning of your computer c:/users...)
\202002121433\userdata\addon_data\pvr.iptvsimple\settings.xml
8. open settings.xml 
9. by the id="m3uUrl" enter your m3U URL. In the example below replace "https://iptvv.com/20=3"  -- with your URL
10. <setting id="m3uUrl">https://iptvv.com/20=3</setting> 
(2020-02-12, 23:16)yum84yuk Wrote:
(2020-02-12, 18:31)yum84yuk Wrote:

Update::: I received the solution to this problem.
1. Use the Backup Utility found in the repository.
Also before using the Backup Utility - one must first go to the Backup Settings and choose to backup everything.
2. Open Backup Utility
3. Open Settings
4. File Selection
5. Her slide the button to "On" for everything. This way you can make sure you will see the necessary folders that has the .xml file
6. Backup to USB or Network or wherever you want
7. Actual file path (not including the path at the beginning of your computer c:/users...)
\202002121433\userdata\addon_data\pvr.iptvsimple\settings.xml
8. open settings.xml 
9. by the id="m3uUrl" enter your m3U URL. In the example below replace "https://iptvv.com/20=3"  -- with your URL
10. <setting id="m3uUrl">https://iptvv.com/20=3</setting> 
11. Of course use the Backup Utility to Restore your Kodi
(2020-02-12, 18:00)yum84yuk Wrote: Is there a way to copy and paste inside Kodi. I am using an Android Box and not a computer. For example I would like add the URL to a text file, transfer the text file to my Android Box, then copy and paste the URL from the text file to the M3U Play List URL field. The URL is way too long for me see what I am typing in the field. Therefore a copy and paste technique will be ideal.
Thanks

The easiest way to do so is to use your phone as kodi remote control by installing kore app and configure it in kodi/services/control. Find ip address in kodi system info
(2021-04-18, 01:39)Kaz_kod Wrote: The easiest way to do so is to use your phone as kodi remote control

Really..? Please enlighten us how this can be done exactly in the Kore app.
I don't use the app myself, but others may find it interesting.
can you use a PC to remote into the android box via HTTP? if so, you can use the settings/services/control "kodi web interface - chorus2". i use it to paste large urls into my box all the time.
Any updates so far on this?

Any viable and easy solution for this? I too would want to have the ability to copy and paste contents from a text file. Some of the URL's are extremely long and it hurts my fingers having to try to enter in the addresses using my nvidia shield remote without using a bulky keyboard.
If you have a phone use the Kodi remote app. Super easy to do with that.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
bump, Kodi 20 and Orange Pi 5 running androidTV is unable to ctrl+v gigantic text strings and is instead a punishing experience while you have to input gigantic URL's and all of their parameters.  I'm genuinely curious, why is this basic functionality intentionally disabled?
in fact ive never used ctrl-c/v in android whatsoever locust, i know the virtual onscreen keyboard in kodi is a leftover probably from xbmc/xbox original and never needed to be fixed, most people use remotes without keyboard functionality with kodi so i dont think there's a lot of demand for copy paste, in my case i use the web interface with send text which does accept copy paste and interacting with kodi is by remote otherwise

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How Can I Copy and Paste Inside Kodi with Android Box0