• 120(current)
WIP Arctic Horizon
Thanks for confirming guys!

Just pushed a commit which disables the wall view by default. It can still be enabled in the settings, it just won't be on by default.

Looks like I'm going to have to rethink how it works. Looks like I've hit the limit (or "wall" lol) for how many includes I can load without it causing too much system strain.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2020-08-11, 17:50)terpsarlington Wrote: Would it be possible for you to add the Quality and Sound information to the movie information

i.e. Quality 720p/1080p/4k/HDR  (may have to read the information from the file name)
i.e sound DD/DTS/DTS-X/Atmos  (May have to read the information from the file name)

Thank you.

It's already there. Go to "Overview" in info dialog to see all codec flags at the bottom. The resolution (SD/HD/4K) is also shown throughout the skin in the info line under the title.

(2020-08-12, 08:15)jurialmunkey Wrote: Thanks for confirming guys!

Just pushed a commit which disables the wall view by default. It can still be enabled in the settings, it just won't be on by default.

Looks like I'm going to have to rethink how it works. Looks like I've hit the limit (or "wall" lol) for how many includes I can load without it causing too much system strain.

Yes this fixed the issue. Thanks
(2020-08-12, 10:23)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-08-11, 17:50)terpsarlington Wrote: Would it be possible for you to add the Quality and Sound information to the movie information

i.e. Quality 720p/1080p/4k/HDR  (may have to read the information from the file name)
i.e sound DD/DTS/DTS-X/Atmos  (May have to read the information from the file name)

Thank you.

It's already there. Go to "Overview" in info dialog to see all codec flags at the bottom. The resolution (SD/HD/4K) is also shown throughout the skin in the info line under the title.

Sorry I meant can you please add the hdr and sound information on the info line.
Hi @jurialmunkey,

In homescreen I have 3 menus (Movies, TV Shows and Netflix) when I start scrolling down in Movies I will go automatically into TV Shows and than into Netflix.. is it possible to stop at the end of each menu, lets say movies, and go to left bar and select TV shows and start from there scrolling down.

I find it very complicated now because if I go from movies into TV Shows and go to left bar back to movies I am back at the last selected item of movies rather than at the top widgets.. rhis is the same if I go from Movies and stop at an Item.. go to TV Shows scroll down through Netflix and scroll further to Movies I will end at the last selected item of movies rather then at the start so I have to go every time back through all widgets to be at the top of the menu..

So scenario..
Menu bar
1. Movies
2. Tv Shows
3. Netflix

Scroll through Movies and stop at lets say widget 3 of movies and decided to look at TV shows..

Press left for menu bar and select TV shows and scroll down through all widgets which brings me automatically into Netflix widgets..

Scroll further will bring me back to Movies widget 3 rather than at start widget of Movies and this is also the case when click left menu bar and select movies, so in this case I have to scroll from widget 3 to 2 to top widget.
(2020-08-12, 22:48)Rijs43 Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey,

In homescreen I have 3 menus (Movies, TV Shows and Netflix) when I start scrolling down in Movies I will go automatically into TV Shows and than into Netflix.. is it possible to stop at the end of each menu, lets say movies, and go to left bar and select TV shows and start from there scrolling down.

I find it very complicated now because if I go from movies into TV Shows and go to left bar back to movies I am back at the last selected item of movies rather than at the top widgets.. rhis is the same if I go from Movies and stop at an Item.. go to TV Shows scroll down through Netflix and scroll further to Movies I will end at the last selected item of movies rather then at the start so I have to go every time back through all widgets to be at the top of the menu..

So scenario..
Menu bar
1. Movies
2. Tv Shows
3. Netflix

Scroll through Movies and stop at lets say widget 3 of movies and decided to look at TV shows..

Press left for menu bar and select TV shows and scroll down through all widgets which brings me automatically into Netflix widgets..

Scroll further will bring me back to Movies widget 3 rather than at start widget of Movies and this is also the case when click left menu bar and select movies, so in this case I have to scroll from widget 3 to 2 to top widget.
Yes I think an option to always focus on the first widget would be good if possible.
How quick are the widgets refreshed? So if I watch an episode, how long will it take to show next episode from Trakt list in a widget?

Now I have to reload the skin to see my most up to date next episodes in widget pulled from tmdbhelper (Trakt TV shows in progress)
(2020-08-12, 23:32)FXB78 Wrote:
(2020-08-12, 22:48)Rijs43 Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey,

So scenario..
Menu bar
1. Movies
2. Tv Shows
3. Netflix

Yes I think an option to always focus on the first widget would be good if possible.

It's not really possible to change the position of the group without actually moving to the widget. Kodi grouplists always remember their position and there's no real way to reset the position afaik.

I'd definitely prefer if the group position reset to top when switching through the menu. If I knew a way to do it it, that'd be the default behaviour.
(2020-08-13, 01:29)Rijs43 Wrote: How quick are the widgets refreshed? So if I watch an episode, how long will it take to show next episode from Trakt list in a widget?

Now I have to reload the skin to see my most up to date next episodes in widget pulled from tmdbhelper (Trakt TV shows in progress)

Kodi refreshes all widgets immediately after you finish watching something.

Skins and plugins have no control over when widgets update.

Tmdbhelper will pull fresh trakt watched status each time it reloads. But whether the watched status and episode up next status has changed on trakt at that time is out of its hands. That depends on how long it takes the trakt server to receive the watched info, process it and then be providing new data.

So if the data wasn't there when the widget loaded then there's nothing that can be done. You either need to force a manual reload by reloading the skin, or you need to wait until you finish watching something to cause kodi to reload widgets. There's no real way to manually reload a single widget.
Since the last update of the skin it takes a long time to load it in. Whenever I start an add-on or just go to setting, it takes 30 seconds to continue. Could it be that there is an error?
(2020-08-13, 11:25)kekz19 Wrote: Since the last update of the skin it takes a long time to load it in. Whenever I start an add-on or just go to setting, it takes 30 seconds to continue. Could it be that there is an error?
You need to disable Wall View, read from here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2969957
(2020-08-13, 03:24)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-08-13, 01:29)Rijs43 Wrote: How quick are the widgets refreshed? So if I watch an episode, how long will it take to show next episode from Trakt list in a widget?

Kodi refreshes all widgets immediately after you finish watching something.

Skins and plugins have no control over when widgets update.

Tmdbhelper will pull fresh trakt watched status each time it reloads. But whether the watched status and episode up next status has changed on trakt at that time is out of its hands. That depends on how long it takes the trakt server to receive the watched info, process it and then be providing new data.

So if the data wasn't there when the widget loaded then there's nothing that can be done. You either need to force a manual reload by reloading the skin, or you need to wait until you finish watching something to cause kodi to reload widgets. There's no real way to manually reload a single widget.

Triggering a library update will update the widgets without a skin reload... but as you say, there's no way to make it only reload a single widget.
0.4.0 - Wall View changes

Heads-up - latest version on github (0.4.0) makes some pretty big changes to the wall view code.
The wall now uses a native Kodi panel control to display the content.

What this means:
Pros:
- Better performance and significantly improved loading times
- Simplified navigation
- Context menu works on wall items
- Info button opens info dialog directly without closing wall

Cons:
- No more infinite scroll. Only scrolls vertically, not horizontally.
- Transition animation isn't as fluid/clean because there's no fixed focus position.
- Harder to spot initial focus because focus position can move horizontally.
- Wall no longer works in hubs or for integrated season/episode views.

Although I felt the old wall was more impressive, I think this new approach is more useful in day-to-day usage. Plus the performance improvement with the new wall is very significant, particularly in terms of initial loading times.
is there a way i can set the backarrow (<-) to open the submenu.  right now i can only open the submenu by hitting keyboard button "i".  Trying to make it remote control friendly.

thanks in advance
(2020-08-13, 17:41)jurialmunkey Wrote: 0.4.0 - Wall View changes
The new Wall View works fine, I think people will quickly get used to it. Now there is a header at the top of the screen could the Movie/TV Show info be shown there? This would help when quickly scrolling through before the thumbs have loaded, for example I use the Composite addon & it takes a short while to load the posters.
  • 120(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Horizon7