• 7(current)
Broken Multi Weather
(2022-02-10, 03:19)ronie Wrote: if you still get error messages with 0.0.8, please post a Debug Log (see instructions in the first post of this thread).

i have no idea about Zidoo, but if it also gets their weather data from yahoo,
it might indeed be a similar issue as yahoo changed something on their end.

I am getting this error when trying to set a location in Multi-weather settings. 0.0.8 Also cleared multiweather userdata, still errors..

2022-02-09 21:11:59.556 T:20620   ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'SyntaxError'>
                                                   Error Contents: invalid syntax (weather.py, line 113)
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\Jack\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.multi\default.py", line 2, in <module>
                                                       from lib import weather
                                                     File "C:\Users\Jack\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.multi\lib\weather.py", line 113
                                                       except:
                                                       ^
                                                   SyntaxError: invalid syntax
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--
Hey ronie thank you very much for the fix!!
008 seems to be working for me in Canada. Town name shown, temperatures are accurate.
(2022-02-09, 22:52)crazyturk Wrote: Error continues with v0.0.8.

Completely uninstalling and reinstalling the multi weather addon (using v 0.0.8) and then adding back in my locations fixed all issues for me.
Dear ronie
(2022-02-10, 03:19)ronie Wrote: if you still get error messages with 0.0.8, please post a Debug Log (see instructions in the first post of this thread).

I have launched Kodi 19.3 today's morning and without error message again and shows the weather correctly. I will be watching, if any errors will appears again.

Sincerely
UTAVATU
Yeah, I reinstalled and works today. Thanks.
(2022-02-10, 04:15)jdig4240 Wrote:

I am getting this error when trying to set a location in Multi-weather settings. 0.0.8 Also cleared multiweather userdata, still errors..

2022-02-09 21:11:59.556 T:20620   ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'SyntaxError'>
                                                   Error Contents: invalid syntax (weather.py, line 113)
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\Jack\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.multi\default.py", line 2, in <module>
                                                       from lib import weather
                                                     File "C:\Users\Jack\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.multi\lib\weather.py", line 113
                                                       except:
                                                       ^
                                                   SyntaxError: invalid syntax
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--
Scratch that. Its working today. Thanks!
(2022-02-09, 16:44)ronie Wrote: i was able to reproduce that issue and managed to fix it.

new version available for testing: weather.multi-0.0.8.zip

Thanks ronie.  I can confirm that version 0.0.8 works on Kodi (19.3 (19.3.0) Git:20211024-49a04cd6a7). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit on Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS, kernel: Linux x86 64-bit version 5.13.0-28-generic
I installed on top of 0.0.6 in Matrix, and found that it had some issues (example, opened Myweather and spincontrolex id 3 didn't show location labels).  Eventually it sorted itself (maybe after downloading new weather?).   Then I did same thing in another install (happened to be Nexus but I don't think that is relevant) and this time I first set my service/weather/service to "none", then installed 0.0.8 and then reset the weather service to multi and that worked without any issues.  But in the end both installs are working correctly (2 weather locations and weatherbit and open map api keys set).

scott s.
thanx all for helping out with testing the updated version

i've now submitted it to the addon repo as version 0.0.9 (which is almost the same as 0.0.8 - just a bit of additional logging),
so don't be surprised if you receive an update within the next day or so.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Quote:dom323 wrote:

Perfect all working.

Below is the sequence I performed:
uninstall old version addon multi.weather. refresh and reboot kodi, install new version multi.weather v.008 and setting, refresh and reboot kodi.
Now everything works .................

Thanks ronie

This procedure worked perfectly. Thanks, dom323 and ronie!
It seems that one has to manually remove the plugin (even though it is version 0.0.9), then reinstall it and reconfigure it in order to get it to work.  Is that to be expected?
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
not really. allthough several people have reported it, i can't think of a reason why that would be needed...

after the update is installed, either manually or automatically through the repo,
you can either wait till kodi fetches weather again (which happens once every 30 mins)
or you can restart kodi for instant results.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Update and restart Kodi worked for me.
Yesterday I got an error messege w.r.t. this weather plugin. Nevertheless I watched some video. And when I have finished watching and was back within kodi menu by "miracle" the weather was working. Thus without any action from my side kodi did update this plugin in the background and even enabled the new version without any restart of kodi. It can't be easier.

Thanks a lot, Michael
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi Weather0