Having problems with NPVR Constant freezing and Buffering LIVE & RECORDED
Hi everyone hoping for a bit of help with a problem i have been having with next pvr 

it constantly freezes stutters and buffers when watching live tv or recordings i mainly see this problem when watching 1080i content i have posted on nextpvr's foroum they have now pointed me too here too see if i can get help 

https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...#pid537646

PLEASE NOTE: i do have superrepo installed on my system i know its from the banned repos for good reason i DO NOT have piracy addons installed on my system i only use this repo for two addons 1) easy log viewer & 2) easy advanced settings if i can get these from a more official / none banned repo i would glady remove this repo from my system but i dont want too loose these addons atm
(2020-04-09, 16:58)sharpy420 Wrote: but i dont want too loose these addons atm

Sorry, we have a zero-tolerance policy here when it comes to piracy add-ons, repositories included. Apart from the illegality, banned add-ons can make Kodi setups notoriously unstable.

So you'll have to choose what is more important to you: a stable system, or viewing logfiles and adjusting settings (which normally would be a 1-time thing).

The choice is yours.
You can uninstall the repo without uninstalling the addons. They should still remain operational, but won't receive any updates which may be pushed to the repo.

That particular repo we would strongly urge you not to have installed, as it is a huge security hole as anyone can push any crap to it which can override existing addons with who knows what. That is aside from the piracy policy (wiki) aspect of things.

The easy log viewer addon can probably be replaced by the kodi log uploader addon from the official repo, as that allows viewing as well as uploading.

There probably isn't an equivalent of the other one, as messing about with advanced settings can easily break things, so it's not designed to be "easy" to discourage casual playing and then having to come here for help to unbrick things.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
That repo might also update add-ons you even aren't aware of (autoupdate of existing add-ons). That's the basic problem by adding a repository you don't trust. And, for the note, I would not trust superrepo in that case. 

So do yourself a favour and remove that repo. Better....remove the existing .kodi folder and start from scratch without that repo being added and see if you can reproduce your issue. If, then post a clean log...if not, then you see where your issue comes from,
(2020-04-09, 17:06)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-04-09, 16:58)sharpy420 Wrote: but i dont want too loose these addons atm

Sorry, we have a zero-tolerance policy here when it comes to piracy add-ons, repositories included. Apart from the illegality, banned add-ons can make Kodi setups notoriously unstable.

So you'll have to choose what is more important to you: a stable system, or viewing logfiles and adjusting settings (which normally would be a 1-time thing).

The choice is yours. 

i fully agree with you i have been using kodi since xbmc days and its reputation has been ruined sadly since those android boxes came out with piracy addons and builds i fully understand why you have too be like that these days do you know if its possible too remove these addons zip them or something and only use them when they are needed witout  superrepo 

when i last posted for help here superrepo was not on the banned list
i will keep the addons and remove the repo right now i was under the idea the apps would go too
(2020-04-09, 17:10)sharpy420 Wrote: when i last posted for help here superrepo was not on the banned list

That must have been during the 1970's, because it's one of the longest running repos.
@sharpy420 - have a read here for more details as to why we dislike the meta-repos like SR so much.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-04-09, 17:11)sharpy420 Wrote: i will keep the addons and remove the repo right now i was under the idea the apps would go too

That won't help at all because of the reasons I mentioned above
"The easy log viewer addon can probably be replaced by the kodi log uploader"
I will do that

"messing about with advanced settings can easily break things"
mainly use the advanced settings too import the watched status from my media if something happens i suppose i can create these files and keep them stored on my nas for when they are needed

"discourage casual playing and then having to come here for help to unbrick things."
isnt that as simple as just deleting the advanced settings file they have created?

"That must have been during the 1970's,"
LOL i was born in 1990 so i hope not the main banning wave started when the android boxes took off as far as im aware and it only started with addons?

"why we dislike the meta-repos like SR so much"
I do remember that been posted i regularly read all things posted on the main news feed i didnt actually know i still used that repo until recently i thought all my addons were official TBH my mistake

"That won't help at all because of the reasons I mentioned above"
I will delete the addons and have already removed the repo as requested Smile do you want me too delete the entire addon folder and install all fresh ?
(2020-04-09, 17:34)sharpy420 Wrote: "discourage casual playing and then having to come here for help to unbrick things."
isnt that as simple as just deleting the advanced settings file they have created?

Generally yes, but normally they have to come here to find that out.

And also not all devices (for example Android TVs) give easy access to the file system to be able to delete it.

Kodi Blog Posts
HERE's a debug log for now

LIVE TV
CBBC HD
The Pets Factor
16:46 <> 16:48
Freezing
https://paste.kodi.tv/tewosipama.kodi

Recoreded TV
Struggeling too recreate atm
i will also remove lounge ripper as that looks like its an unofficial addon Sad
As I mentionned on the NextPVR forum, this is not an addon problem as far as I can tell and you will need someone with knowledge of the player or ffmpeg to look at the logs.  That isn't going to happen in this sub-forum.

Martin
(2020-04-09, 18:55)sharpy420 Wrote: i will also remove lounge ripper as that looks like its an unofficial addon Sad

Any addon or repo shown in the logs in orange is on the banned addons (wiki) list.

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Having problems with NPVR Constant freezing and Buffering LIVE & RECORDED0