Separate 4K and 1080P TV shows
I am trying to have 2 separate playlists of TV SHOWS one in 4k and one in HD.
A while back ago I implemented this for Movies and I have had no issues.
However when I do this for TV Shows it will not create a separate entry in the database for the 4k version of the TV Series (except strangely for one TV series ). FYI, i have verified this, not just an assumption.

My Setup:
Networked DB running on MySQL on windows machine
Various Kodi systems (windows kodi, x86 libreelec, pi4 libreelec, oradoid coreelec) all connected to network DB
Two instances of Sonarr running.  Each instance has its own download directory and its own directory for final resting place on NAS. 
HD instance of Sonarr moves HD TV Series to TV-Shows/Series Name/Season XX/Episode Name directory and 4K instance of Sonarr has its own directory path of 4KTV/4k-Series Name/Season XX/4K-Episode Name
I am running Aeon Nox Silivo skin, I have both the HD and 4K TV Shows setup as completley different sources.  I have smart playslists setup to ONLY show entries with the correct path, even have the regular TV-Shows playlist to exclude ones where path = *4k-*.
Yet to no avail, the 4k version of a TV Series gets co-mingled in with the HD version, and even in its playlist.

Is there something I need to configure different in order to make it create a separate entry in the DB for the 4k version?  Do I need to take a completely different approach?
The tv show is a virtual entry. It is the episodes that are either 1080 or 4k and it is those you need to separate. I am assuming your playlists are based on TV Shows?

Your example naming does not show the correct SxxEyy numbering of episodes. Are you using Sonarr NFO files? From what I have seen of them, they are very basic and not fully compatible with Kodi.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-04-13, 03:03)Karellen Wrote: The tv show is a virtual entry. It is the episodes that are either 1080 or 4k and it is those you need to separate. I am assuming your playlists are based on TV Shows?

Your example naming does not show the correct SxxEyy numbering of episodes. Are you using Sonarr NFO files? From what I have seen of them, they are very basic and not fully compatible with Kodi.

I was being generic in my naming example,  Yes, I am using SxxEyy format of episode naming. Yes though, I am using Sonarr generated NFO (although I have had no other issues and this setup works perfectly fine for 4K movie segregation).
Full path of one of my HD TV shows: Z:\TVDrive\TVShows\Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan\Season 02\Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan - S02E01 - Cargo.mkv
Full path in 4k folder: Z:\TVDrive\4kTV\4k-Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan\Season 02\4K-Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan - S02E01 - Cargo.mkv

I have two separate kodi menus, one will display an HD TV Shows playlist, and one for 4K TV Shows. The normal TV Shows playlist has filter rule to require path to start with: "smb://pc-hostname/share-name/TVDrive/TVShows" and even another rule for its path to NOT contain 4k-, and the other playlist for files who's path starts with "smb://pc-hostname/share-name/TVDrive/4kTV".  Yet my 4K episode of Jack Ryan in a totally different directory shows up co-mingled with my normal HD episodes

FYI, I initially did not set sonarr to have the "4K" in the folder and movie file name.  When I noticed it did not work, I then added that (after removing the 4k episodes from library) to see if having totally different names would help the database differentiate it.

Are you saying it will filter correctly if I have one directory tree like so:
/TV SHOWS
  /Tom Clancys Jack Ryan/
     /Season 02/
        Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan - S02E08 - Episode Name.mkv
        4k - Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan - S02E08 - Episode Name.mkv

Instead of:
/TV SHOWS
  /Tom Clancys Jack Ryan/
     /Season 2/
/4KTV
  /4k - Tom Clancys Jack Ryan/
     /Season 2/
        4K-Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan - S02E08 - Episode Name.mkv
What is also quite interesting is I do have one of the 4 TV series that should be in my 4K playlist showing up correctly and it does have its own entry into the DB .. Star Trek Picard (and I did this one as a test, the episodes are not even actually 2160p).
Looking at the two entries for the TVShow in the mysql db, there is different data in c01, c05, c12, and c13 ... yet c10 (tvdb link) is the same  (my initial guess was that it scraped a different tvdb entry)
(2020-04-13, 05:49)boosted1g Wrote: Are you saying it will filter correctly if I have one directory tree like so:
/TV SHOWS
  /Tom Clancys Jack Ryan/
     /Season 02/
        4k - Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan - S02E08 - Episode Name.mkv

Instead of:
/TV SHOWS
  /Tom Clancys Jack Ryan/
     /Season 2/
/4KTV
  /4k - Tom Clancys Jack Ryan/
     /Season 2/
        4K-Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan - S02E08 - Episode Name.mkv
Nope. Not saying that at all.

Ok, I have a clearer picture. Basically you want the same tv show scraped twice in your library- once for 4k and once for 1080.

You will need to jiggle the nfo files. Have a read of this thread which is about two different languages, but can also be used for two different resolutions. Guide in post #4... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=349163
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Adding a new show in 4K that I do not have any entries for in my normal TV Show directory/playslit does show in the correct 4K playlist.
Kodi doesn't like it if you add the same show twice. You can only have one of each (1080p or 4K) not both.
(2020-04-13, 08:46)Hitcher Wrote: Kodi doesn't like it if you add the same show twice. You can only have one of each (1080p or 4K) not both.

If I set the 4K TV Show source to scrape local only then I can make it all work manually work by editing the nfo file.
I just wish there was a less manual way to do it.

If anyone has a better way to do this with less manual involvement then I am all ears.

Using different directories/sources/smartplaylists works just fine for movies, and creates two entries in the DB table just fine.

My thoughts on a long-term fix (to resolution, language or any other type of TV Show segregation) would be to have TV Show smart-playlist with being able to apply a filter at the episode level
Let there be one entry for the show in the database, but the smart-playlist only show shows (and its episodes) that match an episode level filter rule (in my case the path of the episode starts with .....)

If this is a viable option then I will put it in as a feature requrest (or if there is a better option already put in I can add a vote for it).
(2020-04-14, 00:02)boosted1g Wrote: If anyone has a better way to do this with less manual involvement then I am all ears.
Swap scrapers. Scrape the 1080 version of the show with TVDB and scrape the 4k version using TheMovieDB. This works in most cases.
My Signature
(2020-04-14, 00:05)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-04-14, 00:02)boosted1g Wrote: If anyone has a better way to do this with less manual involvement then I am all ears.
Swap scrapers. Scrape the 1080 version of the show with TVDB and scrape the 4k version using TheMovieDB. This works in most cases. 

I tried that, and it still put the 4k episodes in with the HD playlist, and does not create a seperate tvshow entry into the database.
In my DB, my normal HD ones (with MovieDB) as scrapper still has entry in c10 of tvshows for tbdv api ID number.  Is that normal?
following this post.
I have the same problem, but my folder is like this.

The Flash (2000)
--S01
--------S01E01 - Name [720].mkv
--------S01E01 - Name [1080].mkv

Still unsolved, maybe an addon will help in the future.
Xioami Mi Stick - Kodi 18.8
Libreelec 9.2.X - Kodi 18.8
Raspberry Pi 3
(2020-04-14, 00:22)boosted1g Wrote:
(2020-04-14, 00:05)Karellen Wrote:

I tried that, and it still put the 4k episodes in with the HD playlist, and does not create a seperate tvshow entry into the database.
In my DB, my normal HD ones (with MovieDB) as scrapper still has entry in c10 of tvshows for tbdv api ID number.  Is that normal?  

Done this See.. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2940267

I then use a smartplaylist for the 4k TV shows to use as a menu item.
(2020-04-13, 06:13)Karellen Wrote: You will need to jiggle the nfo files. Have a read of this thread which is about two different languages, but can also be used for two different resolutions. Guide in post #4... 349163 (thread)
Then all I can suggest is the above advice previously given. It works as I have tested it multiple times and I have quickly tested it now as shown in the image. But if you are after an automatic option, then there is none as Kodi was designed for the opposite purpose- locating split tv shows and combining them.

(2020-04-14, 00:36)Castilho Wrote: I have the same problem, but my folder is like this.
I cannot think of a way to make that work. Is your playlist based on TV Shows or Episodes?
My Signature
Do you need both on one system though?

I have some TV shows in both 4K and 1080p but the 4K folder is only setup on my main system and the duplicate 1080p versions are used for my sons setup. I then make sure, before I scan anything, to set the 1080p version to contain 'none' and 'ignore from future scans' on my setup.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Separate 4K and 1080P TV shows0