Kodi 18.5 on QNAP NAS (SMB) - after volume encryption problem with lock preferences
I activated volume encryption on my QNAP NAS and then had to reinstall Kodi 18.5 on the NAS.

I installed Backup AddOn but I now have the problem that whenever I enter the path to my backed up data for the restore Kodi gives me the Lock preferences screen.
But when I enter username and password and click ok I only get back to the same input dialogue, no error is displayed.

The password I use in the NAS is just 16 characters long only letters and numbers, no special characters. 

Also when I try to add the path to the video data I end up with an error. I enter the SMB network location and fill username and password.
Clicking Ok did nothing first, so I clicked again and then a 3rd time - and after that I get an error displayed telling only "Unknown error 8216".

Can anyone help me with this.

Everything works fine without th volume encryption on my QNAP NAS, but I like to have that for security reasons.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18.5 on QNAP NAS (SMB) - after volume encryption problem with lock preferences0